Monday, April 30, 2012

Kristin's Day 22 - Straight UP.

Disclaimer: I gonna be very honest about myself here, if you don't wanna know me - you should stop reading cause I'm about to lay it out.

Even people who know me well, would probably say that I'm not a people pleaser/approval seeker, BUT I AM! Honestly, my pride goes down a couple notches when people don't comment or like my facebook posts. Truth be told, I look on the blogger dashboard to see how many post hits I got on the Vegan Blog. Are you shocked? Well? I have a problem.

I want people to like me and I want them to be pleased/happy with me. Sometimes it's more important than God's opinion because sometimes God's opinion isn't tangible like a 'like' or comment on facebook. Right?

On the surface I might look like someone who can handle just about anything, but the truth is...your opinion matters to me. Over the past week, I feel like God's trying to tell me gently (Thank you for gently) that other people's opinions matter far too much to me...

I want to change. How can you stop craving people's approval? I don't know, but I hope to learn.

Luke 6:26 (The Message)
There's trouble ahead when you live only for the approval of others, saying what flatters them, doing what indulges them. Popularity contests are not truth contests - look how many scoundrel preachers were approved by your ancestors! Your task is to be true, not popular.

Double DANG! My whole life I wanted to be popular...in school, with my friends, at work. Then God changed me and I still seek the approval of others probably before the approval of God. It's a problem. God...continue to fix me. Oh! Also, I'll try not to look at the blogger dashboard for post hits (;

Breakfast: Banana
Mid-Morning - Leftover Plantain/unsweetened ketchup from last night
Lunch - Raisins (I seriously can't remember if I ate anything else)
Mid-Afternoon - Leftover Lettuce, asparagus, strawberry, soy nut salad
Dinner - Spaghetti squash (the kids loved theirs with sausage and fire roasted tomato)
I took the kids to Misty Meadows for ice cream cause they did so good with dinner!
Dessert - Apple/Spoonful of PB

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for being transparent, Kristin! You know I always appreciate that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEEp!!!! You are feeding her need for approval.
    I'm going to catch up on the rest of the blogs now (missed some while having brain surgery), but I won't say if it's because I like them or not. And yes, I do find myself funny.

    ReplyDelete