Sunday, April 22, 2012

Kristin's Day Fourteen

Therefore, I urge you , brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God - this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing, and perfect will.                            Romans 12:1-2

Have you ever read a verse so many times and then one day...it hits you with new revelation?

That happened last night when I was reading. The verse above has been brought up in conversation, in planning for a speech coming up, and in a book I'm reading, but when I read it last night...it was new and different.

Most of the time, we seem to focus on verse one, but kinda overlook verse two. Do you do that too?

This fast, this process has been incredible so far. God is stripping me of what is unpleasing and unholy so that I can be a fitting living sacrifice. This is worship. Wow, yes...THIS IS WORSHIP. Denying myself to seek God is worship. Isn't that beautiful?

Okay, okay I digress. When you allow God to renew your mind through his word and revelation...you will automatically be vastly different than the world. Then, then! We can test and approve what God's will is.

I was floored. All my life I feel like I been searching, asking, longing to know God's will. I wanted to know his will for my life - where to go to school, who to marry, where to live, what to do, how to pray ALL OF MY LIFE. I kinda felt my way around in the dark sometimes like...God...here?...this place?

Friends...this scripture is clear and simple and profound and hard.
1. Offer all of your self - a holy pleasing sacrifice - don't hold anything back
2. Do not conform to the world
3. Be transformed by the renewing of your mind
AND THEN...you will be able to test and approve what God's will is.
I am SO excited.

1 comment:

  1. This is good stuff! Just wanted to let you know that even though I started about 11 days late, I've really enjoyed reading your posts (I went back and read the earlier ones). I've seen God clearly working in and around you through this, and frankly, I'm a little jealous. But it's awesome to see and I praise God for His work in you! So grateful that you are my wife!

    ReplyDelete