Friday, April 20, 2012

Kelly's DAY TWELVE~My big apple adventure

Okay, folks...I'm in New York City for  the weekend.  This could get (and already has been) interesting.

I packed a sliced avocado and some snacks for the road, stopped for a Naked juice at one point, and drank a LOT...a LOT...of water.  When I made it to the train station, I circled up four flights in the parking garage, skeedaddled down to purchase my ticket, and by the time I finished, the train was coming.  My dear friends, you have NO IDEA how much I wanted to take another train 20 minutes later just so I could go to the restroom!  My 80 minute (jiggling) train ride was seriously painful, and by the time I got to Penn Station, I sprinted to the nearest bathroom and peed a marathon pee.

For dinner, my friend, her roommate and I went to Cafe Mocha.  It was fun.  Leann and Emily ordered some fantastic looking coffee drinks, and we ate dinner.  I ordered a salad without the chicken and tortilla strips.  Unfortunately for me, it had little slices of cheese throughout the salad that I had to pick out one by one.  It's all good.  The picking made the salad even better.

When Leann and I were talking about what we are going to do tomorrow, she mentioned that we should go to Serendipity's for a frozen mocha.  Yes.  She's aware of my fast, but it's easy to forget about dietary restrictions when they don't affect you.  The only part I could eat in a frozen mocha is the "frozen" part.  I told her we can totally go there, but she wants to wait until next time.  Later, we went into Dylan's Candy Bar, where they give way free fudge samples.  After I bought a little birthday present for one of Tate's friends, Leann said, "Oh!  Let's go downstairs and get a fudge sample!"  I just looked at her, as this was the third time she said something like that today.  Her reply, "OH!  I'm SO insensitive!!!"  Haha!  No, you're NOT insensitive, Leann!  You're just not fasting!

We were able to swing through Whole Foods, and I bought myself breakfast for the next two days, hummus, and some celery and carrot sticks (which I totally whipped out later when we went to see "The Lucky One").  Yep.  We ate celery, carrot sticks and hummus in the movie theater.

So, we'll see how tomorrow goes!  It's the "Big Apple!"  They should have plenty of fruit and veggies!  And, I think from now on, I'm just going to tell the waiters/waitresses that I'm "vegan."  Maybe they won't throw microscopic cheese in my salad!

1 comment:

  1. I can relate on a much smaller scale, lol. The free fudge in my hand yesterday was oh so tempting. Wonder if there's an awesome Vegan place somwhere up there with all of the rest of them???

    ReplyDelete