Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Kristin's Day Sixteen

"Fasting is a very effective way of freeing ourselves from preoccupation with our physical wants and desires in order to concentrate on our relationship with God."

"When we become physically dependent upon any substance, even food, it is an indication that our spirits are not free either. God indicates that there is a kind of fasting that leads to the freedom we really desire; the benefits are mental, emotional, spiritual and physical (emphasis by Kristin)."

These quotes are from the book I'm reading:

3 Principles that will Change your Diet and Improve your Health
by Rex Russell

Well, Rex, I'm totally down with what your saying! Hey, I've fasted before. I've gone without certain things, but never like this. This fast hurts and it's the good kinda of hurt. You know, like the pain you feel after a good workout? It hurts, but you know it's gonna pay off in the end. I'm feeling this fast and it's changing my life. 

Breakfast: Banana, OJ, celery, PB
Mid Morning: Avocado
Lunch: Seaweed, hummus, broccoli sprout wrap, strawberries
Mid Afternoon: Roasted Soy Beans
Dinner: Veggies and Hummus
Night Snack: yep, PB and celery

I have never eaten so many fruits/vegetables in MY LIFE and I think I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment