Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Kelly's DAY TEN

His ways are NOT MY ways!
I know that full well.
However...it's so hard to know when to change directions in life, isn't it?!
Am I going MY way?
Or, am I going HIS way?
Am I jumping the gun if I go in a different direction?

Anyway, we're dealing with some MAJOR life decisions right now. Decisions that will change the face of our family forever, and I feel like I'm SO darn busy that I can't even hear from God! For the last two weeks, I have felt like I'm tumbling head over foot down a very steep hill, and more and more "stuff" just seems to pile up on my "to do" list!

That being said, this fast is not very conducive to being "on-the-go." I mean, when you have to slice yourself an avocado for lunch and then wash the cutting board and knife, when you have to make two meals at dinnertime instead of just one, when you have to pack your own lunch when everyone else gets to eat out...that's time consuming! It's hard! It's frustrating at times! Sometimes I wonder if it's even sustainable! That's when I remember, I am TEN DAYS into this. It will get easier when I have done all the research and found the better choices. When I familiarize myself (and y'all) with the "good stuff," then it will be easier!

My day:
Breakfast~Sliced apple
Lunch~an avocado, some plantain chips, a bowl of bean soup.
Dinner~two cans of Amy's organic soup, while my family ate homemade fried chicken (per my sons adamant request) and homemade macaroni and cheese (per my daughter's recommendation).
Two cups of OJ

On another note: I am traveling to New York City this weekend to visit a friend. I am SO looking forward to seeing my friend, but I am BUMMED OUT that I cannot enjoy my favorite restaurants and coffee shops while I'm there!!!

2 comments:

  1. Kelly, I just want to say how impressed I am by how you and Kristin have dived headfirst in food politics. What I've been studying all year, you guys caught on to in 10 days. A lot of people struggle with the idea that there might be something wrong with processed and genetically modified food, or reject it entirely... and not many Christians I've talked to think that their dietary habits have anything to do with their relationship with God. I'm really looking forward to talking to you guys about food justice when I'm home in June! I would be delighted to have you guys over for a local-foods vegan lunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Sarah! I, for one, (and I'm pretty sure I can speak for Kristin when I say we) would LOVE to do lunch when you get home! Also, Kristin has been wanting to take me to this "new" organic restaurant in Greencastle! Maybe we could ALL go!!! See ya soon!

      Delete