Friday, April 27, 2012

Kelly's DAY NINETEEN

My day began like this...

I was doing my hair (the messy way, so it only takes 5 minutes, tops), and my two-year-old comes upstairs covered...COVERED in FLOUR!  She said, "Mommy, I was makin' you pancakes."  DREAD.  I walked the plank downstairs to survey the damage.  Flour ALL over our leather ottoman.  Herbs de Provence were out...I'm just glad she didn't add the other necessary ingredients, and that WAS thoughtful of her, but I CAN'T EAT PANCAKES!!!  !)

So, I ate the strawberries that Matt and Mary gave us last night for breakfast.  Oh, MAN, were they good!

For lunch, I had some vegetarian soup that I bought from The Butcher Shop.  While I was at the Butcher shop, I asked the butcher where the meat comes from.  He told me the western US and Canada.  He said they're grain and grass fed, but not organic, and while The Butcher Shop does have a fair selection of organic produce, they are not an organic store in total.  After learning more about organic vs. conventional farming, I'm not totally convinced that going organic in my vegetables is completely necessary, but I totally agree with Matt that we need to know our farmers and "pick their brains" regarding what is in and on my food!  The soup was "OK."  It wasn't fab, but it definitely left me full! 

We had dinner guests over tonight, so I made a homemade Texas sheet cake.  We grilled out steaks, I made a rockin' salad with the greens that Matt and Mary gave me yesterday, corn salad, fruit salad and crash potatoes (a Pioneer Woman recipe).  I could have gone to town on the bread rolls.  They looked (and smelled) so good!  I got them from The Butcher Shop-the french bread rolls.  I also could have gone to town on the finished cake.

My "downfall" of the day was when I had finished icing the cake, I had extra icing that I just wanted SO BADLY to chow down on!  I didn't, but, OH, MAN, did I want to!

I didn't have a good day in general.  I think it was because my night owl friend, uhem~Kristin, kept me up writing our blog about being "down on the farm."  Okay, so she didn't twist my arm, but I was up past my "curfew," and I felt it today.

Bedtime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment