Saturday, April 28, 2012

Kristin's Day Twenty

Okay...I've waited five days to say this. We're half way through!

I got up and Andy took the kids to breakfast and then to the Y for Peyton's soccer lesson/Healthy kids day. I was alone and had the perfect opportunity to clean or read or pray, but I didn't want to do anything. I ate a banana and laid down. Then I got some PB and celery and some green juice. I was just dragging.

At 11am, I got up, threw together a lettuce, asparagus, soy bean, and strawberry salad and headed off to Lori's Blessings brunch. Judy and Millicent did an awesome job at pulling this together and Lori (who is now cancer free :) was so surprised.

I came home exhausted. I needed to do laundry, clean, and complete a list of other things, but it was not in me and to boot, I had been cold ALL day - like goosebumps under sweatshirt cold.

At this point, soup sounded great so I popped some Progresso Lentil Soup in the micro and was eager to savor its warmth. I read the can as it was heating and saw that it had SUGAR in it. I was actually upset. I wanted to cry. I just wanted warm soup. Andy ate the soup and I ate PB and celery and then hummus with veggies. blah.

I am really struggling today. I feel exhausted and on the verge of tears - tears of frustration. Just a few short days ago I was relishing in fresh revelation of God and now I feel like I'm a puddle of pathetic. I going to get in bed, read, pray, and hopefully sleep. Tomorrow is a new day (:

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya, my friend! Cold weather is NOT the time to give up coffee/tea!!! And, I tried to gulp down my hot water too soon this afternoon and burned the crap outta my tongue! Guess now I won't even be able to taste all the tasty veggies and fruits we've been able to savor since my taste buds are now gone! Tomorrow is the first day of ROUND TWO!!! WE CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete