Saturday, April 28, 2012

Kelly's DAY TWENTY

HALF...WAY...THERE!!!
WHOOOOOOP!!!

Breakfast for me today was cantaloupes and Kelly's "not-at-all-famous" tea.

Next, we hit the soccer fields for back-to-back action of freezing cold soccer mania for an hour.  (Coulda used a hot chocolate from the concession stand, but I just froze to death instead.  For the record, my feet finally warmed up at 4:30)

 Kristin and I went to a brunch at noon celebrating our friend, Lori's, victory over breast cancer!!!  YAY!  I was nervous about having foods there that were "approved," so I shoved a big spoonful of peanut butter into my mouth and ran out the door.  Swallow, Swallow, SWALLOW!  I'm pulling outta my driveway, and realized, "it's not going down!"  So, I had to pull back in, run inside and gulp down some water.  I was running late, and that didn't help, but I made it (AND, I didn't choke to death, either)!  I was thankful that Kristin brought an "approved" salad with her.  It was fantastic!  Matt and Mary's lettuce, Matt and Mary's asparagus, Matt and Mary's strawberries and roasted soy nuts or something like that.  I took one bite and leaned over, "What kinda DRESSING is this?!"  Kristin: "Olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper."  Me: "WOW!  It's REALLY GOOD!!!"  (Are we officially WEIRD?)

For dinner, we pretty much scavenged around here because we had a lot of leftovers from our dinner last night.  I had salad and some black beans, OJ and strawberries for dessert.

I made mac-n-cheese for the kids, potatoes, corn and strawberries.

My HUSBAND made THIS for himself...

First of all, I think this looks DISGUSTING.  Seriously!  Potatoes on a TACO?  Is that even a TACO?  What purpose was he trying to accomplish in making this?  Is this a mockery?  It's like EVERYTHING I cannot eat wrapped into a tortilla, which I cannot EAT!  (I can have potatoes, but you get the point)

I've been staring this cake DOWN...ALL...DAY!
It's 13x9 inches of chocolately dreaminess.
This cake is my downfall.
I love it.
I love it so much I would marry it.
(What am I, in Kindergarten?)


HALF...WAY...THERE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment