Friday, April 27, 2012

Kristin's Day Nineteen - Herb Gardens and Willy Wonka

Hey there! I have wonderful pics of strawberries, Matt and Mary's market stand, and my new herb garden! I was SO excited to post them, but alas...I cannot find the camera/computer cable - which I used, ummm yesterday. I went out a bought a card reader, but alas AGAIN...it's the wrong size. FAIL. I'll try to put them up soon, I promise.

Sure, sure you say...a herb garden is easy? Well, let's see if I can keep one going. Priscilla Harsh (Matt's Mom) gave me a lesson on herb gardening today and started me with: Basil, Oregano, Savory, Rosemary, Parsley, and Chives. The planter that I bought for - get this - $3 at ACE hardware looks beautiful in my dining room basking in the sunlight....now...let's hope it still looks as good in a few weeks. I'll keep you posted.

On another kinda bizarre note, I cried during the last 5 minutes of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. Call me overtired or fast weird, but the whole thing struck me. 

The whole movie, Wonka wants to find someone worthy of carrying on his factory. He puts five children through bizzare tests only to find one, Charlie worthy of such a task. In the movie Wonka says something like...I knew I needed to find a child to run the factory because an adult would do it his/her way instead of mine.  I really lost it on that part.

Believe me, I'm not trying to say God and Wonka are the same, but doesn't God what us to be like Charlie? Completely trusting even when things don't make sense? Willing to stand up to tests that are painful and confusing? He wants to build His kingdom through us. So many times we get stuck on stuff and miss the pay off in the end like Veruka Salt. Well, I don't know about you, but I don't wanna be a blueberry, lol. I want to get it and then have God teach me how to do things his way instead of my own.

PS - The hubby and I went to Chipotle for dinner (date night). I have to say. I MISS CHEESE something FIERCE! Chipotle is just not the same without it frankly.




No comments:

Post a Comment