Monday, April 23, 2012

Kelly's DAY FIFTEEN

I
am
not
satisfied.

I wanted chicken and tortillas in my tortilla soup for dinner.  I wanted cheese in it, too.  Oh, and sour cream would have been nice.  I wanted a glass of red wine this evening, and as it turns out, orange juice in a wine glass still just tastes like orange juice in a wine glass.  I wanted a cup of hot tea or hot chocolate on this frigid spring day, and hot water just doesn't cut it on days like this one!  I wanted a handful of chocolate chips.  I wanted to make cookies...and EAT THEM this time!  I wanted some Starbucks since I drove past two today!  I wanted a bowl of cereal for breakfast!  I wanted a cup of chocolate milk! Yogurt! Macaroni and Cheese!

I've been eating a variety of vegetables and fruits.  It's not like I'm only eating raw carrots of anything, but what I AM eating is just not "hittin' the spot."  There's this desire for some sort of food that I just can't have.  Nothing I'm eating is satisfying me!  It's not filling the VOID!  I have a LITERAL void in my life right now!

MILK...VOID!
MEAT...VOID!
BREADS...VOID!
SWEETS...VOID!
TEA...VOID!
STARBUCKS...VOID!
I CANNOT FILL THE VOID!

It reminds me of the void I had once.  The void that only Jesus can fill.  The void that I feel now, only Jesus can fill...otherwise it's just a void that will be filled with my idol in 25 short days.  I want to turn my urge for foods and beverages into an urge for Jesus and His Word!  I want Him, and Him alone, to satisfy me!  I want to take my hurts, my hopes, my dreams, my desires, my voids, my dissatisfaction to the cross!  I want to REST in Him...TRUST in Him and His plan!  I WANT THAT!

Fill the void, my Love!
~Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment