Saturday, April 21, 2012

Kelly's DAY THIRTEEN~Big Apple Adventure day two

Thankfully, I stopped by Whole Foods last night and bought myself some fruit cups for breakfast this morning!

Leann and I went to my very favorite place for tea room in the world so she could get a giftcard for some friends.  You can read about our adventure last year, and my experience at Alice's Teacup HERE.  I'm SERIOUSLY bummed that we couldn't have tea there, but NEXT YEAR we WILL!!!  After that, we went to the Met.  I love it there!  I could sit and stare for hours.  Afterward, we went and sat on the steps to the Met, and Leann bought a hotdog from a vendor out front.  I waited until we found an organic store somewhere, and I bought this chickpea salad and this fruit-by-the-foot-like thing with no sugar.

Then, Leann took me to her new apartment to check it out before they move in!  So cool!  After that, we headed WAY downtown to a bridal shower where I got to meet most of her friends from the city!  It was fun, and the rooftop deck it was on was so great!  I also managed not to eat one of those SO scrumptious looking cupcakes from a cupcake bakery.

After that, Leann and I went to High Line!  I've never heard of it before, much less been there!  It's an old above ground train track that has been made into a walking path/garden.  It was SO...VERY...GREAT!!  That was probably the highlight of my trip (aside from seeing Leann) this time!

I was starving after that, so fortunately we found a Chipotle!  I got a vegetarian salad.  It was SO good, and since I was hungry, but was absolutely NOT looking forward to eating because I knew it would just be more vegetables!  It totally hit the spot!

We're back to Leann's apartment now, and we just made my famous chocolate chip cookies!  I want one somethin' fierce, but I didn't even lick my fingers!

I'm heading home tomorrow afternoon, and all I have to do is remember to pick up some food before I leave because there's no way "turnpike food" is going to cut it!

In short, I'm totally bummed that I didn't get to enjoy all the amazing food the City has to offer this trip, but I am happy that I had enough self control to honor my commitment to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment