Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tough Night so...rough day??

It's Kristin

We had Campaigners last night, so by the time I got the swagger wagon back home from dropping kids off, showered, and got to bed it was around 11:30pm. At 4:30am Nate starts screaming. Years ago, I would've been angry to get up in the middle of the night, but thankfully there's been growth here.
I got up, got him, noticed he had a fever, medicated him, changed him, cuddled him and twenty minutes later he was back to sleep. I gently put him back in bed relieved that I could go back to sleep...or so I thought.

I DID NOT GO BACK TO SLEEP! At 6:15am, Andy's alarm went off and I was still up. I was trying to pray, but I was so tired and sleep would not come. Usually if this happens I get through the day with a steady drip of coffee, but we are not drinking coffee. The kids got up, Andy made pancakes and I finally peeled myself out of bed at 8am (I got some intermittent sleep between Andy's alarm and 8am).

It's now 11am and I'm okay...so far. I will probably 'hit the wall' at 3pm and then 'hit the hay' at like 8pm tonight!

So, I feel like God is REALLY helping me see that I don't need coffee. I'm almost there, but I love that stuff. It tastes so good with that new York Peppermint Patty creamer...in my favorite mug...I can seriously smell it...ok...I'll stop.

2 comments:

  1. Kristin,
    You should try my "almost famous" tea!
    Love,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! I was going to and then I remembered I forgot to buy lemons. Next grocery trip (:

    ReplyDelete