Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Kelly's DAY TWO

Kelly here...

Today, I had an apple for breakfast (with my hot lemon water).
Today, I took the kids to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. I got some "looks" (stares). Here's why.

As I sat there with my three children and two of their friends, who were happily munching away at God's very design for chicken, I sat there eating sliced carrots, celery, and red bell peppers with my spicy humus (brought from home), drinking my water bottle, and enjoying my french fries (don't worry, I asked if there was anything added to the fries, and they are fried in Canola Oil, so I was safe). Oh, the fries were glorious. The ketchup...fantastic. Wait...did I say Ketchup?
CRAP!!!
KETCHUP, TOO?!
WHAT'S A FRENCH FRY WITH NO KETCHUP?!
"It's like you got cheese, but chou ain't got no BURGER!"
My reaction was like that of a Kindergartener.
My "OH, MAN!" resounded in the restaurant.
I reluctantly tossed aside the ketchup.
I ate my fries plain.
Fail.

This afternoon: I snacked myself to pieces on Plantain chips. No. They do not replace the exhilarating feeling one would get making herself the perfect cup of tea...should you be wondering.

At this point, I texted Kristin:
"I resent myself (for doing this fast) right now. At this point, I'm not sure how God is going to remedy my fast because I am basically mad at the world. All I want is three or four cups of TEA, for cryin' out loud! (don't worry your little self...my hot lemon water is brewing as we speak)"

Then Dallas called:
D: "Hey, Babe!"
Me: "hey."
D: "So, you need me to pick up some peas on the way home?"
(at this point, I almost gagged when he said peas, simply because I just want tea)
Me: "Yes. Frozen or canned is fine."
D: "What's for dinner?"
Me: "Menestra." (It's this fantastic Spanish dish that is all vegetables-excepting the bacon I intend to pick out...actually, I'd do that anyway. I do not like bacon. It is also topped with hard boiled eggs, which I was just going to either omit or allow anyone who is still a meat eater consume)
(sidenote: for any ACTUAL vegans who may have stumbled upon this blog, I DO REALIZE that cooking in bacon fat isn't exactly VEGAN. I'm doin' the best I can, folks! This is DAY TWO)
D: (jokingly) "Doesn't that have...EGG...on the top?"
(at this point, I could have jumped through the phone and wrung his scrawny little neck-you know, because I'm "mad at the world")
Me: "Yes. I know that."
D: "Okay! See ya at 5!"
Me: (through clenched teeth...it's hard to be loving when you're "mad at the world") "I love you."
(and, yes. He IS always that chipper.)

As I sat here "mad at the world," I went back to Facebook real quick, because you never know what important status update you may have missed, and one of my best girlfriends in the world had messaged me. She's a friend that dates back to circa 1997, when we were (but still are) FIGHTIN' TEXAS AGGIES-WHOOP! (had to get that in there, and just so you know, I totally stood up and actually "whooped" when I wrote that, and if you have no idea what that is, you can either just dismiss it altogether, or you can ask me next time you see me)

Isn't it great when a friend can come alongside you and strengthen you when you get weak? I think of Simon, who was ordered to carry Jesus' cross when He no longer had strength. Thank you, Michelle, for being such a dear friend. You are deeply loved. Here's a part of what Michelle had to say to me:

"I'm challenged by your journey and I'm sure you are setting a fire in others' hearts to be closer to Jesus. To be able to hear the plans the Father has for us. Thank you for being an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your journey. I am praying for you always. I love you!!!

Bless you!

I leave you with this quote from Jesus through Saint Faustina:

"I am Love and Mercy itself. When a soul approaches Me with trust, I fill it with such an abundance of graces that it cannot contain them within itself, but radiates them to other souls."

All I can say to that is, "Gig 'Em."
He is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment