Thursday, April 19, 2012

Kristin's Day Eleven

Kelly and I took a field trip to The Family Cow this morning. We learned quite a bit, but I'm still unsure about raw milk (sorry, Kelley Williams). I do want to try it after the fast is over.

We stopped by Paul's Country Market on the way home to check out the Trickling Springs Creamery inventory. They now have all natural Farm Fresh milk, but they do not sell the organic milk at Paul's. It was also pretzel day...YUM - for the kids :/

I am finding that I am getting pretty hungry multiple times a day which is SO weird because I feel like I'm eating alot. Guess I need to rework the diet a bit, lol.

Here's where I'm at today. I want to serve God with all that I am. I am extremely thankful to learn so much about food and I want to continue that journey. HOWEVER, I do not want to replace my fallen idols of coffee and TV with the idol of all things healthy food. I need to find balance, so if you're praying for me...;)

On another note...I'll be traveling to Haiti at the end of June/beginning of July with a group of teachers to do workshops for the teachers there. I'm super excited about working with the teachers...but I'm also excited to eat there. It is AWESOME to try new foods, yay!

Do y'all remember the Kashi commercials? That would be such a cool job to travel the world and learn about God's creation, people, and cuisine!

2 comments:

  1. I've found that a lot of times if I'm getting hungry throughout the day, it's because I'm not getting enough protein. Maybe a couple of spoonfuls of peanut butter with meals might help?

    I totally feel you with the idea of not becoming obsessed with healthy food. I'll be praying for you to find a good balance.

    That trip to Haiti sounds so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Kristin...I'll try more PB (: I really appreciate the advice and the prayers! Keep em coming

    ReplyDelete