Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Rally the ANTS!!!

Kelly here.

I think there may be a little confusion about why I posted about Naked juice the other day. My hope is that at the end of our fast, I will be able to compile a list of "Kelly approved" snacks, foods and beverages so y'all don't all have to go out and do the research. You know, in case you're a mom and want to know what snacks would be healthy for your kids if you're trying to steer clear of pumping your kids full of cow hormones and unnecessary antibiotics.

I started with Naked juice because it was at the top of my list. I did not know it was owned by PepsiCo until my friend, Jen, told me, which was after I posted my story. I went back after the fact and included that bit of information-thought you might enjoy a little useless trivia.

For the record, PEPSI is not a "Kelly approved" company. I'm pretty sure Mountain Dew green does not occur in nature! (wink, wink) Naked products that do not include dairy are "Kelly approved." And, yes. We COULD technically go buy our organic berries and a juicer and juice our own, alongside grinding our own wheat and making our own bread, raising our own chickens, cows and farms, but I'm a city girl at heart and have three young children. I'll buy my Naked products when I need a "Kelly approved" beverage, thank you very much!

Here's my Facebook conversation with my dear friend, Jen (who lives on a farm and has been living organically for two years now...go Jen!!!):

  • JEN-You're witty Kel! Love it! FYI-if any product does NOT say 100% organic then it is NOT organic. Their sneaky way of passing organic foods off...they may have a couple ingredients that are organic, enough to pass FDA regulations, but not 100% organic because, by darn, that would just cost too much :/ Also, don't you find it interesting that PEPSI Co owns naked?!?!?

  • Kelly-DO they own NAKED? I couldn't figure that out. And, do the Mormons own Coke or Pepsi? I always get that one confused.

  • Kelly-Okay, snopes.com just said the Coke and Pepsi are too large an entity for any one group to own. That doesn't mean they don't own large shares of them, but they do not own either Coke or Pepsi outright. That urban legend is apparently just lore. Anyhow, I did check, and YES. Naked falls under the umbrella of the PepsiCo. empire! So, I'm a COKE girl, which owns Odwalla...so I'm torn. Maybe Odwalla will be my next mission! !)

  • Jen-YES! They bought them out several years ago! I find it ironic that a company that pushes out products that are LOADED with GMO's also produce another product that they ensure are GMO free!! Ahhhh! Don't get me started!

  • Kelly-I guess that was part of the "buy out" contract, ya know? I watched a video the other day that said, Walmart, Kraft and Coke have catered to other countries' demands that certain things not be in their food supply, so the ingredients in the same coke we drink here in America are actually healthier for our bodies in other countries! It's because other countries have DEMANDED that they change their practices, and they DID! But, we are so "FOOD DUMB" in America that we don't even KNOW to DEMAND that!!!

  • Kelly-For the record: We are SO VERY TRUSTING of the FDA, but we're throwing a FIT when we hear that the government may run our HEALTHCARE! We don't trust the government to run our HEALTHCARE, but we DO trust them to run our FOOD SUPPLY? Hi! Anyone else see the irony but ME?! Anyone else think there's a link between our HEALTH and our FOOD but ME?!!!

  • JEN-Right on Kel! It just takes a few to wake up and see we have more of a voice than the government wants us to think we have!!! It always reminds me of the movie Bugs Life...we are ants, but we OUTNUMBER them!!!! Come on, let's use our voice, our mind and stand up for ourselves!!!

  • KELLY-NO MORE GRASSHOPPERS! HAHA!

Okay, ANTS!!! It's time to rally!

No comments:

Post a Comment