Sunday, April 29, 2012

Kelly's DAY TWENTY-ONE

It's the FIRST DAY of the SECOND HALF of this long, hard road!
VICTORY!

I'm sitting here chomping on my dessert (apple slices) right now.

This morning, my husband sent my six-year-old daughter in to wake me up at 8:20.  We leave for church at 8:40, and NONE of my (3) kids were dressed.  My two girls' hair wasn't done, and I...well, just woke up.  Shortly before we were walking out the door, my youngest got sick.  Change of plans!  My husband dropped us me off, then dropped the kids off and left our small group coffee/blueberry muffins where our small group meets.  I rush in, sit next to my friend, turn around, and...VOILA!  Farmer Matt and Farmer Mary were sitting right behind me!  SWEET!  I chatted with them for a couple of minutes before I rushed over to set up for small group.  (I REALLY like my new friends!)  Anyhow, when I rushed off, Matt hollers after me, "STRAWBERRIES THIS WEEK!"  Oh, dear me.  I almost dropped dead in my tracks!  I have been dreaming of those sweet things since I scarfed them all down the day after our farm visit!  I'm PUMPED!  So, FARM FRESH STRAWBERRIES at Matt and Mary's by THURSDAY, folks!!!  GO GET 'EM!  (If you want me to pick some up for you, just let me know!)

13220 Edgemont Rd
Smithsburg, MD 21783
(if you live in town, it's just down past Cool's Pond on the right)
By the time I made it over for our small group, I realized I hadn't had anything to eat or drink this morning, and there were some good lookin' blueberry muffins and organic coffee was brewing!  I had hot water, but this time, I was smart enough to not let it get to "scald-your-entire-mouth" temperature.  
We hit up Chipotle for lunch!  BAM!  SO GOOD!  
I had some of my corn salad for dinner, a baked apple that Kristin brought over, some roasted soy beans and apple slices for dessert.
I find it odd that I STILL do not miss meat!  It didn't even pain me to watch everyone eat their steaks that were cooked to perfection on Friday night!  I've missed bread on occasion, and I've DEFINITELY missed coffee and tea and sweets, but not meat!  Although, I think my brain function has slowed significantly, and if you've ever had kids...you know you don't have many brain cells to spare.  So, I believe that your brain either needs meat, grains or dairy products to function at 100% (or as close to 100% as you can get).  !)  At least, that's what I'm telling myself.  
Hey!  Have a great week!  Don't forget to eat your veggies!  !)

My husband and some guys are meeting right now, and they asked me to come into the room so they could read me a verse, Proverbs 15: 17, which says, "Better a meal of vegetables where there is love than a fattened calf with hatred."

I agree.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment