Monday, April 30, 2012

Kelly's DAY TWENTY-2

This morning I did my grocery shopping for the next couple of days.  You can read about my shopping experience HERE (if you missed it).

I had a Naked juice for breakfast.

Lunch was a HUGE salad that I added black beans and corn salad to.  It was massive...and good.

Dinner for the family was Cuban Pork Chops (boy, did THEY smell good), rice, Black beans (that I couldn't eat because they had "extras" in them), sauteed butternut squash.  The smells comin' outta those chops were amazing!  MY dinner, on the other hand, was butternut squash and Lentil Soup.  I was FINE eating the soup since I was freezing all day long (totally thought it was supposed to push 70 here today).

I'm starting to realize more about the ramifications of following God's call in your life.  People are always going to be quick to give advice, quick to give their input, quick to tell you, "you should do this" or "have you tried this?" or "WHY on EARTH would you do THAT?"  But, it reminds me of Paul, who said something along the lines of  "am I trying to please man rather than God?"  Answer: NO!  God's ways are HIGHER than man's ways!  "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord." Is 55:8  I have learned that in very concrete ways today!

So, all in all, after my minor Tea (pity) Party in Walmart today, God moved anyway.  He doesn't NEED me in order to accomplish HIS plans (go figure!).

"Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God?  Or am I trying to please men?  If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ."  Gal 1:10

No comments:

Post a Comment