Sunday, April 29, 2012

Kristin's Day 21

I do believe I have entered the 'this fast sucks' phase of this journey. I was doing pretty good until about yesterday and then I sunk...fast and hard.

I am tired of eating the same things and I miss food. I want bread, eggs, cheese, coffee, even milk and that's wierd for me. It's not like I'm gonna quit or anything, so don't worry too much. I'm just going through rough patch. Eh, it'll be over soon enough.

IN FACT...I learned today that Ezekiel (one of the Old Testament prophets) obeyed God by lying on his side for 430 days in order to display how weak Isreal would be in front of their enemies! He was instructed to eat only bread made of barley, wheat, beans, lentils, millet, and emmer wheat. SUPER DANG! Some people eat a form of this today and they call it Ezekiel bread.

He ate this everyday for 430 days. I do not have it anywhere close as bad as Ezekiel, so I'm gonna shut up about my own complaints now. If you wanna read about this, it's in Ezekiel Chapter 4 and it's some crazy stuff. The Lord kept warning Israel, but they just didn't listen - guess some things never change (we need a listenting lesson too).

Anyway, I also learned about enriched flour today. I had no idea what that meant. If you didn't already know...this is the deal - Kristin version.
1. People were getting sick because of grain with mold or fungus, so they started processing/refining it to get the mold/fugus out.
2. They noticed nutrient definciencies and pinned it to the bread.
3. They continued to process/refine the grain and then add nutrients back in that were stripped during processing/refining.

Let me get this straight. They stripped the grain of nutrients and then added them back in? Yep. If you wanna read for yourself...here ya go - Wiki's Definition of Enriched Flour.

I AM FOOD DUMB! But, as you have been reading...I'm getting smarter everyday (:






No comments:

Post a Comment