Sunday, April 15, 2012

I know more...by Kelly

Hey Friends! I hope you're having a good Sabbath!

In church this morning, I think God revealed another little piece of the puzzle, a piece that I wouldn't have recognized had He not already revealed to me that food is my idol.

Our pastor was talking about how God is strong and in control. He said, "We need to remember that everything that happens is more about God than it is about us or anyone else. God is a jealous God. We should not allow other things to creep into our lives that put God second." Ouch (in a good way). See, that's exactly what I had allowed to happen! Food, and not God, was ruling over me, shoving God outta the way. I was like my kids running to the car shoving each other just to get to claim "the good seat." I run to the pantry and shove God out of the way to get "the good food." So, I believe that God, being the Jealous God He is, finally got fed up with coming second, and therefore asked that I give up #1 so He can assume His rightful throne in my life. How did He do this? By taking away the bread in my life and softly whispering, "I am the bread of life..." Jn 6: 35 He is still piecing some things together for me to understand and grow, but I'm so glad I have that piece to the puzzle!

On an aside, Kristin and I have been answering tons of questions about "The Daniel Fast" and "Can't you eat this?" or, "Can't you use this sweetener?" (stuff like that) If you google "Daniel fast," you will find that Daniel actually ate many grains and rices and unleavened breads that we have chosen to omit from our diets during our fast. I want y'all to know that this is not a diet. We are, indeed, fasting. I am trying to focus on strongholds in my life and rely on God to release me from them. Replacing my strongholds with "natural" or "organic" versions of the same strongholds is not what He is asking of me.

I have to go run and finish the chocolate cake I'm making for our cookout this afternoon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment