Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Kelly's DAY 23

Breakfast: Cantaloupe and OJ

Lunch: Corn salad and Chickpeas

Dinner:  Carrots and Hummus

I would call myself a "runner."  I mean, I have some friends who are "RUNNERS!"  I'm just a "runner."  As in, I run 5 miles or more 3-4 times a week.  I've completed two half marathons (with times I was happy with) and numerous 5Ks.  I don't train for 5Ks; I just do them to do them to waste $20+ and get another running t-shirt.  I wondered what this fast would do to my running.  I totally thought it would do GOOD things, but it turns out that I think my body actually NEEDS meat to do things like...RUN....and...THINK...and...complete a SENTENCE (Is it even feasible that I've gotten DUMBER in the last 23 days?)!  Anyhow, I ran five miles tonight...five...hard...miles.  Actually, running instantaneously got harder on day one (I fully acknowledge that this could be purely mental.  Running, after all, is probably about 90% mental).

During my run today, I sucked in a bug.  This has happened on numerous occasions in the past.  If you're a "runner" or a "RUNNER," then you, too, have sucked in a bug.  Usually when that happens, I cough and hack and gasp and nearly die (you get the picture).  Then, I spend a good two minutes spitting...to make sure I don't have remnant bug in my being.  Today, I simply swallowed.  I knew I was delirious when I caught myself thinking "Hmm...I wonder if I got any protein outta that."  (For all you squeamish people out there, it was a very small bug)  !)

So, I'm sorry that I haven't had any new information on our food supply or even too much godly insight into what's going on inside spiritually speaking the last couple of days.  I'm focusing on some big things that I will be able to tell you about next week sometime.

Anyhow, I'm going to call this a day, pour myself another large glass of OJ, and watch some tv.  Have a good night! 


2 comments:

  1. I don't get the Naked Juice drinks or the OJ....I thought for beverage purposes you could only have water??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, JEN! I just saw this comment! We decided that if a juice was ONLY fruit and/or vegetables and water, that it was okay to drink them (since it would be exactly the same as eating a bunch of oranges if the only ingredient is oranges). :)

      Delete