Saturday, May 5, 2012

Kelly DAY 27

Are we there yet?
No.
Are we there yet?
NO.
Are we there yet?
NO!  Do NOT ask me again!  We're HOURS AWAY from where we're going!!!
That's how I feel right now.
It's like a flashback to circa 1989 when we were moving to Spain from Texas, but we drove to Utah to visit family and then to New York LaGuardia via CANADA!
THAT...is how I feel right now.
Stuck in a perpetual vegetable and fruit medley with days and days and days to go.
THAT...is how I feel right now.

Breakfast: Applesauce and two glasses of OJ
Lunch:  The family had this fantastic BBQ made by Michael the Mennonite.  I ate an avocado and steamed sugar snap peas when we got home.
Snack:  Two HUGE glasses of OJ.
Dinner:  The family had baked lasagna, homemade garlic bread I bought from our Mennonite Market, and asparagus.  I...had a plate full of asparagus.

I also made cookies, hot fudge sundaes, and muffins for our small group tomorrow.  Yep.  It's kinda like that.  Hours in the kitchen.  I end up steaming some steam-in-a-bag veggies for myself. 

It's all good.  I'm the one who said, "YES" to this, right?  I'm still trying to figure out WHY, exactly.  Maybe it's a lesson in self control?  Maybe it's just to see if I'd say "YES" and then obey?  Maybe I had a momentary lapse of sanity?  Regardless of the reason, I'm sorta feeling like God's far away today.  I feel like I've been BUSTIN' MY CHOPS...all alone. 

Adoption paperwork just might be the death of me.  I can't STAND all this PAPERWORK!!!  I'm DROWNING IN IT!! LITERALLY DROWNING IN PAPERWORK!!!  I don't even know what to do next, what I just did, what needs to be notarized, what doesn't, if my social worker even exists anymore!  I WANT OUT!!  Can I please HIRE SOMEONE ELSE to REDO OUR DOSSIER?!!!  Any takers?!!!  I'll put your children through college, pay to have your house cleaned weekly until you DIE, wash your car DAILY (including vacuuming the inside and windex-ing the windows), do all your laundry every week for five years, be on-call to babysit your children...and your children's children until the day I die, just DON'T MAKE ME DO ANY MORE PAPERWORK!!! 
NO MORE! 
NO MORE! 
GOD~WILL YOU MAKE A WAY?!!!
DO YOU REMEMBER YOUR PROMISE?!!!
IS ANYBODY OUT THERE?!!!

I need more orange juice.

1 comment:

  1. Dude...you are definitely not alone (: Let me know what I can do to help. I don't have to teach at club or campaigners this week!

    ReplyDelete