Sunday, May 13, 2012

Kristin's Day 34 & 35

Sorry bout yesterday. I said goodbye to my sis and parents about 11:30pm and didn't even remember that we had a blog until I was in bed and turing off the light. I love blogging, but not enough to get out of my bed after a LONG day, lol.

Day 34: I got up, took care of the kids for just a little while, then Andy wisked them off for a 2nd breakfast and soccer. I scooted off to the Drs to get my TB test read. (I really couldn't tell you why Kelly and I happened to have our TB test readings on the same day - it's bizzare frankly, lol.) Then off to help a friend move. Then I get home, sit down for 45min, clean, shower, throw some potatoes in the oven, and welcome my family for dinner.

My sister had this great idea of doing a Mother's Day dinner on Saturday evening so that we wouldn't have to run around like crazy people on Sunday. She's brilliant. I love her.

She made haddock, broccoli, asparagus, and these amazing looking chocolate peanut butter cupcakes. I made baked potatoes, ahem. Anyways...dinner was amazing, well...looked and smelled amazing. Janelle promised to make me some of these cupcakes after the fast is over. Again. I LOVE HER <3

Then my sis, parents and I watched The Vow. Some people hate that movie, but I like it.

Day 35: Mother's Day. I am treated so well by my husband. Every Sunday he lets me sleep until 8am and gets the kids ready for the most part. So, today was really no different than any other day.

BUT I felt like a horrible person when he told me what he wanted to get me for Mother's Day...

After dinner, he tells me that we wants to get the carpets cleaned for me. I didn't know what to say, but I wasn't exactly happy and I was a tad ungrateful.

You see, I have been complaining about my carpets FOR YEARS. Kelly can attest to this fact. There are many, many, and may I add MANY small stains from juice, moutain dew, chocolate, pee, grease, puke, well...there are a lot of small stains.

We put the house up for sale the end of March and even though the carpets don't look horrible by any means, the small stains embarrass me.

It is expensive to get carpets professionally cleaned. Andy did some research to know what method is best to get stains out and everything. I mean, he really wanted to fulfill this dirty carpet need I had.

Alas, before Andy heads up to bed, I say something to the effect of..."I really wish we could've cleaned the carpets last year so I could've enjoyed them. At this point, we're basically getting the carpets cleaned for the people who will buy the house. That's great for them, I guess."

Andy just kinda shrugged and said something to the effect of 'I thought that was something you really wanted. You talk about how dirty the carpets are all the time.'

Ugh. I am so...so...I just don't know.  I'm still struggling to be grateful for this gift. What is wrong with me?

I keep a pretty clean house. So much so, that most people that come to visit comment about how clean it is. I need to get over this. You live in a house, the carpets get dirty, it happens. I love that Andy wants to get the carpets cleaned for me, but honestly...I need to stop constantly complaining about trivial ridiculous things.

Proverbs 19:13b - a quarrelsome wife is as annoying as constant dripping.

Andy and I hardly if ever fight, but I complain about stupid stuff ALL THE TIME. I bet it is like a constant dripping. Lord, help me turn this faucet off, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment