Sunday, May 6, 2012

Kelly's Holy Dilemma

Got up and went to church this morning.

At our church, we take communion on the first Sunday of the Month...as in, TODAY.  I wasn't exactly prepared for this dilemma to creep up, but as soon as the pastor said they were going to pass the bread around, I started freaking out (and praying).  WHAT TO DO?!  I mean, it's COMMUNION!!!  SURELY it's okay to take COMMUNION!!!  But, I felt Jesus gently remind me, "I am the bread of life." I think He wanted me to fore-go half of communion to leave me in want.  It's sort of a metaphor for what's going on in life right now.  I have a definite void (FOOD), but REALLY...is my void REALLY just...FOOD?  Or is it more?  Today, as I took half of communion, I felt like Jesus was revealing to me that He WILL fill the void, but that He wants me to FEEL the void (taking 1/2 of communion) so that I would be reminded of His body, being sacrificed for ME.  So I would be reminded not to live as a hypocrite, slapping Jesus in the face with the same 'ole sins I continually commit, and then running to church and prostituting communion.  Would I choose to obey?

Yes.

I know there is a LOT of discrepancy in God's Church regarding communion.  I realize that to some, my choice may come across as extreme legalism.  I also know the Scriptures regarding food etc that are probably streaming between the temples of your head.  For the record, YES!  I do realize that our communion bread is unleavened!  :)  Even my Catholic brothers and sisters in Christ are probably slightly annoyed that I am not capitalizing the "C" in communion.  I know all that.  HOWEVER, I'm not here to please YOU, but GOD.  I don't want to be like Moses, who went against what God commanded of him, and was never able to cross into the Promised Land!

I said it once.  I'll say it again.
HE is MY bread.

1 comment:

  1. Ummmmmmm, I totally partook in communion today. I thought about it, but decided that I needed to. I'll write about later. So cool we have different perspectives(:

    ReplyDelete