Thursday, May 3, 2012

Kristin's Day 25

So, I'm just gonna say it. It bothers me when people say - I heard from God or God was talking to me the other day. I admit. I judge them and most times, I shrug them off like yeah, right, okay. Don't get me wrong, I believe God speaks to us, but in like a conversation? I had my doubts, especially when someone said they had a word from God like every other day. Hey, I know I have issues.

With that being said, I feel like I heard from God today, LOL!

Since about January, I feel like there are parts of my life that have been sliced off, paired down, stripped, exposed, re-filled and rearranged. You name it, that part of my life has probably been called into question and dealt with and there will always be more to do.

Here's a glimpse into my thoughts this afternoon while driving...

I watch House Hunters International and I would always think it was weird that most overseas countries had mini-fridges in the kitchen. How could they live like that? Lately I've been thinking about keeping our food supply at a minimum. Why do I have enough food for a month?
Then I thought about my upcoming trip to Haiti. I bet they don't have pantries or food cupboards there.
Then I thought about us selling our house and moving into a smaller one so that we didn't have a mortgage anymore, could spend the money as God sees fit, and could literally pick up and go whenever or do whatever He called us to.

Then...I'm crying as I type this out...I hear this voice in my head saying 'I am preparing you for something and you wouldn't be ready for it if we didn't get rid of, change, and rearrange some things.' I had more thoughts of Haiti and possible things He could be preparing me for, I still have no idea...but I don't care. It'll be alright. I got a bit misty eyed as I drove and I felt like God was chuckling at me. Nice, God...you're right...this is kinda funny. I smile (: I love Him. He made my day.

4 comments:

  1. That's so awesome, Kristin! I can't wait to see where this journey takes you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm usually the same way....but as I read what He said to you, I felt my entire body fill with warmth. That is amazing and I can't wait to see what He has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete