Sunday, May 13, 2012

Kelly's DAY 34 & 35

So, yesterday was a blur. 

All I can remember is that I went to Subway for lunch and took my own Israeli salad, and that I made a steak and potato dinner for "the guys," and I had this black bean/corn/salsa/avocado concoction.

Onto Mother's Day...
Mother's Day in my house usually means breakfast in bed.  My husband will lovingly craft heart shaped pancakes, make me the perfect cup of tea, and bring flowers up.  We discussed this ahead of time, because I feel like him bringing me fruit salad in bed would just be depressing.  So, this year, no breakfast in bed.  I think I'll get one next Saturday, though!  WHOOP!  So, I had a fruit salad for breakfast, Chipotle for lunch, and some peanut butter, applesauce and an avocado for dinner.

And, speaking of Chipotle for lunch, I looked over, and WHO should I see eating lunch, but Farmer Matt and Farmer Mary with their kids!  Mary asked me last week if I wanted to bring the kids strawberry picking, and I definitely wanted to, but when I was free, it was raining.  So, when Matt and Mary told me they were picking strawberries, I asked, "Can we come pick with you?"  We got the go ahead, so we ran out there this afternoon!

Matt gave us a quick "Which Strawberries To Pick" lesson, and we were on our way!


The great thing about Matt and Mary's job is that they can work and reload at the same time!
 

These are some well loved strawberries!  
 

Their strawberry "bushes?" were just teeming with BRIGHT RED BERRIES!
 

We picked all the way up one side of this line, but their farmhands were LIGHTNING fast!  It was amazing to watch them go!
 

Our favorite farmers: Matt and Mary!


We picked about five baskets of strawberries, and we took two home!  Then, Mary took us into their deep cooler, where the sweetest apples you ever did taste were being stored since last fall!  She sent us home with two boxes of apples and a quart of their homemade apple cider!
 

Apples!


 When Kristin and I first visited Matt and Mary's farm, they had probably a hundred beehives, but those bees left for California recently (no, I'm not kidding).  These bees were left behind to tend to the farm (actually, I don't know why they're still here, but they are)!  


So, that was my Mother's Day in a nutshell!  I can't believe this fast is quickly coming to a close!  
I should start planning my first dinner now!

No comments:

Post a Comment