Monday, May 7, 2012

Kristin's Day 29

It has been a really long week, oh...wait...it's only Monday.

I have my hands in a few too many things right now and it's starting to take a toll on me. How do you balance what you want to do with what you need to do? Tough question. I'm working on it.

Back in my BC (before Christ) days, it's was SUPER hard to say no to anyone...I mean...what if they didn't like me if I said 'no'? Yep. I was that insecure. My insecurities still creep up from time to time like an annoying old friend that you really just don't want to see anyone but - there they come anyway.

Now, I really contemplate before committing to something. I've stepped back from quite a few things actually. I used to dance with the ladies at Otterbein...I used to teach the children's dance at Otterbein...I used to help in the nursery once a month...I used to participate in Girl's Night Out...I used to run a daycare out of my home...I used to work out (wait, I should rethink that one) the list goes on. I am learning to say no, but I still have a ways to go.

So, today - admist all of the other things I was doing - errands, preschool running, household chores, finding a rci week for a YL girl and I, figuring a game plan for selling our house, catching up with the builder of the condo, Nate/Peyton/Nastassja, returning emails, calls, and texts, finalizing the workshop outline for the Haiti trip, working on the club powerpoint for tomorrow...

I decide that I needed to rearrange the furniture.
Again.
I am a rearrange the furnitureaholic. 

Normally, I look at a room...see my already exsisting furniture, envision a change, and do it. I do this about once every month or so. I move things that no woman my size or stature should move. I should videotape myself, it would be hysterical.

The front of the house was the target today. I wanted to have a great first impression for buyers. Good thought, right? Well, the rearranging included two large club chairs, two bookcases stocked with books, and two corner units. I am not eating the way I normally do. THIS WAS DUMB.

I was about halfway through and realized that I was completely exhausted. I moved one of the corner units up the stairs and into the guest room. It was an impressive feat. Good thing Nate was sleeping. The problem was that I didn't like it in the guest room and I was bone tired. I manpowered through the rest and...and...I still don't know what to do with the corner units. There are like no good corners in this huge house. I hope my sister wants them.

I'm done. Sorry for the long post. It's late, I'm long winded.

Breakfast - OJ, celery and PB
Lunch - My potato, artichoke, fire roasted tomato, bean, spinach, corn, herb concoction with refried beans on top (next time I'll leave out the artichoke)
Mid-Afternoon - corn chips
Dinner - More concoction
Dessert - PB

No comments:

Post a Comment