Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Kelly's DAY THIRTY!!! TEN...MORE...DAYS!!!

This morning, I had three scoops of peanut butter and...dum, da-da-DUM...OJ...again.

Lunch was this weird smorgasboard (NO, I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SPELL THAT!  I came in SECOND place in my school's spelling bee in second grade, not FIRST!  And, a SIXTH GRADER BEAT ME, thank you very much!  And, NO!  I'm not bitter!  I'm actually quite PROUD of myself for coming in SECOND in SECOND GRADE!  REGARDLESS, I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SPELL THAT!  GET OFF MY CASE!!! SHEESH!).  I had some olives, some chips and guacamole, some carrots, more OJ, a couple bites of celery, and some pistachios (told you it was a smorgas...weird mix of eats).

I passed two Starbucks today, and I didn't even bat an eyelash at the first one, but the second one...OH...the second one...I SO VERY MUCH wanted to stop and indulge.  At this point in our little "marathon" we have goin' on, though, I'm wondering what sugar and/or caffeine would actually DO to me!  I mean, the baking aisle now smells TOO sweet to me!  Yeah...for those of you that know me...there can NEVER be enough SUGAR or CHOCOLATE and/or PEANUT BUTTER-n-CHOCOLATEY THINGS...EVER!!!  How is it even POSSIBLE that something smells "too sweet"?!

So, my husband and I are in this weird "WAIT on the Lord" but also "RUSH AROUND TO COMPILE TONS OF STUFF WHILE YOU WAIT" phase right now.  Today, I had a LOT of stuff to do.  I ran over to our church, ran to get my FBI fingerprints updated (for our adoption, although I wish I could just tell you that I was getting them done and leave you wondering if I'm an FBI agent or not), ran back to church, ran to the post office, and ran down to the Frederick County Courthouse in Maryland.  I got pulled over on the way to get fingerprinted.  Don't know why, or how, but the police officer let me off.  He actually just walked up to me and told me how fast he thought I was going.  I told him how fast I thought I was going.  Then, I admitted I had no clue what the speed limit was on that road.  He told me he was just going to give me a warning before he even saw my license! 
God bless America! 
God bless that officer! 
God bless ALL the men in blue, for that matter! 
Just...God bless everyone! 
And, when he came back to my car with my warning, he actually said, "Good luck with your adoption!"  HUH?  WHO ARE YOU, and WHAT PLANET ARE YOU FROM?! 

On my trip through the torrential downpour to the courthouse, I finally made it there to find their computers are down today.  Their excuse?  "There's a train wreck."  HUH?  As in, a choo-choo train? 

Anyhow, it's been a LONG day.  And, speaking of "LONG days."  I never have quite understood that saying.  It's not like today had even one more minute than YESTERDAY!

I had sauteed chickpeas for dinner-olive oil, salt and pepper, and chickpeas.  Yep.  Dinner of Champions, right there, baby! 

I will likely drink a couple more cups of OJ as well.
I'm beat, but I still have to walk with my preggo friend so we can get her baby out and I can claim that I helped get her out, and watch Kristin's kids for their last Young Life Club tonight.

In honor of the Frederick County Courthouse's computer system (downed by a train?  Sorry...I'm skeptical), I would like to recite to you the words that will get me through this evening...because we all know coffee or tea or those ice cold cans of coke screaming "DRINK ME" from my 'fridgerator door every time I open it won't get me through:

I think I can...
I think I can...
I think I can...
I know I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment