Friday, May 18, 2012

Kristin's Day 39 and 40!

So here we are. A LOT has happened the last forty days. If you would've asked me say, fourty four days ago if I could've done this...I would've laughed! I love Kelly pitching the idea of the fast and the blog. I don't think I could've done this alone. There really is strength in numbers ( :

God has taught me quite and few things over the last forty days:

  • I feel like it was His idea to open our eyes wide to the 'food world'. I mean, seriously? He created the natural things we eat...we should know a few things about the real stuff, ya know?
  • I rarely watch TV anymore. My remote is not my, ahem, inappropriate partner any longer
  • I know that I need to be careful with coffee in my life. It is a gift from God, not a crutch for me to depend on more than I depend on Him
  • I am still working on the approval thing, but I recognize my need for it and I'm praying that God will continue to change me
We have pretty much eaten or donated everything in the pantry/freezer that has crazy stuff in it. I am still working on how to eat a more real and healthy diet without breaking the bank.  More on that in my new blog...shopping will commence tomorrow or Sunday.

I have been baking our bread for a couple weeks now...I cannot wait to try it tomorrow!

Tomorrow I plan to eat eggs for breakfast with a cup of coffee, banana, and a slice of bread.

Lunch? We have some of that lasange in the fridge...wonder if it's still good, LOL? I guess I'll find out.

Dinner - it's date night and I have no idea what the hubs has planned

It's been real everyone! I might post again on Monday to let you know how it's going. Thank you all so much for your prayers and support during this thing. You might not know it, but it means the world to us. We appreciate you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment