Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Kelly's DAY 29

I slept horribly last night.
I was up for two hours while a diesel truck was idling on our road (yeah...between 2am and 4am).
I'm a super light sleeper.
That makes for a fail-of-a-day when you can't have coffee or tea.

I cannot remember what I ate yesterday, but I know I added OLIVES to my repertoire.  Good life decision?  We'll see.

I've also been on antibiotics since Wednesday.  Right now, I'd be pumping myself full of yogurt, but since it's on the DO NOT EAT list, who knows what is happening all up in these parts!

Kristin brought me our newest experiment yesterday.  A cookbook that was recommended to us by our friends, Matt and Mary (our favorite local farmers).  It's a book that teaches you how to cook by the seasons so you can enjoy and make the most of the fresh, local produce!  If you're in a CSA, or if you are planning to buy your produce from Matt and Mary (like I am), then this cookbook is a MUST HAVE!!!  It's called, "Simply in Season."  They told me that this week they have STRAWBERRIES, "Lots and lots of strawberries," to be exact.  THAT'S what I like to hear!  Oh, strawberries, you have bewitched me, body and soul (shout out to Mr. Darcy-Pride and Prejudice-you are a true man, worthy of any woman's heart)  He also told me they'd have rhubarb, which makes me chuckle, because every time he talks about rhubarb, I think of Veggie Tales and yell out (in my head, but sometimes out loud), "RHUBARBARIANS!"  Anyhow, that's what they have this week.

Okay, so that was my day 29.
Eleven days doesn't seem so daunting!
We gon' DO THIS THANG!

No comments:

Post a Comment