Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Kelly's DAY 37!

WHOA!!!
THREE...
MORE...
DAYS!!!

We're at the "I MUST have a COOKIE...but WHY would I do that?  I only have THREE MORE DAYS!" stage now.  Three...long...days.

Actually, despite the fact that I've eaten 3+ jars of peanut butter BY MYSELF since this whole thing began, I am fairly certain that I will continue my new yummy snack!  I also think my new love, hummus, will not fade.  That's a REALLY great snack, folks!  I also think I'm officially a BIG fan of OJ (surprise, surprise, right?)!

So, I was paying a little closer attention to prices in the grocery store today than I normally do.  I compared the organic brand to the brands that I normally buy.  When you're talking produce, you MAY spend a dollar or so more for the organic food (ie. my organic blueberries were $4.99 today, whereas the conventionally grown blueberries were $3.99).  The organic spaghetti sauce I bought was somewhere around $3.50, and the normal Hunts canned sauce I buy (to doctor up) is somewhere around $2.  But, some things, like beans, for instance, were only maybe 40 cents more expensive for organic.  I know meats and dairy are somewhat more expensive, but the way I see it is that I'm buying what's healthy and good and WHOLE for my family.  And, if it costs me, say, 50-100 more bucks each week, then that's what I'm going to pay.  I'm not putting a price tag on my family's health.

Anyhow, I'm sorta bummed that our last day of this fast is Friday for this reason:  My husband and I have had tickets to see Brian Regan in Baltimore since January.  We have this whole date planned, and it's in Baltimore, where food abounds!  OH!  It's sort of a dilemma for me right now.  Jesus fasted for forty days AND forty nights!
 
A~I'm not Jesus.
B~Jesus did not eat AT ALL for 40 days and 40 nights.
C~I'm not Jesus.

I'm a little bit torn...


No comments:

Post a Comment