Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Kelly's DAY 31!

Single digits!
WHASSUP?!

Anyhow, I just read Kristin's DAY THIRTY post.  LOVED IT.  I would add an "Amen, Amen" to the end of that!  She and I talked the other day because someone she knows did a 21 day "true" Daniel fast without telling anyone!  There's truth in that!  I love that this lovely lady did that!  :)  I totally understand why God asks us to do some things in privacy!  I also love that several of my own friends have been spurred on to fast since we began our fast!  "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another!" Proverbs 27:17  :)

This was FIELD TRIP DAY!!!  I helped chaperone the third grade field trip to the Baltimore Aquarium.  Wake up time? 5:40.  I had to have my kids up, dressed and fed by 6:45 so my oldest and I could make it to school an hour early, and so our babysitter didn't have to get my schoolgirl AND my toddler ready.  Coffee would have been nice.  Tea, too.  OJ did it's job relatively well.  I grossed out the boys I was with on the bus when I drank my Naked "Green Machine."  None of them would try it.  !)  I just have to tell you: I'm TOTALLY BEAT right now!  We saw the ENTIRE Aquarium...THREE...TIMES!!!  I'm sure that taking a group of GIRLS would have been MUCH different than the boys I had with me.  I'd catch up to them, try to figure out what fish on the fish chart they were pointing to in order to tell them a little bit about it, and by the time I figured out what to tell them, they were off to the next tank!  PHEW!  I mean, we even got a one-on-one Q&A session with the Marine Scientist who keeps the stingrays.  We raced up the cool flat elevators, we went to the dolphin show, the boys enjoyed the mist in the rainforest...THREE...TIMES (except the dolphin show...only saw that once).  But, really...who can say that they were in a rainforest AND Australia three times in one day?  Answer: Me.

We ate lunch on the bus ride home.  I carefully packed my lunch at 11pm last night when I got home.  I chose to take chips and guacamole, which I ate as a snack before we got there at 9am (remember, I'd been up for 3+ hours at this point, so I might as well eat a lunchtime snack), red bell pepper, celery and carrots with hummus, and pistachios (can I just say this lunch was somewhat difficult to eat on a bus?)!  My son proudly pointed out what I was eating to his buddies.  They were all taken aback.  One of the dads even declared, "GREAT!  Now I feel guilty for what I'm eating!"  I just smiled.  One of them asked me for some celery, which I absolutely obliged!  Then, I brought out the pistachios, and surprisingly enough, they ALL went to TOWN on the salted, shelled goodness!

For dinner, I had some steamed soybeans.  So...about soybeans...I'm pretty sure you burn as many calories that you take in when you have to shell all those stinkin' little beans.   And, I don't love them so much that I'm going to waste my time shelling them again soon.  I'm going to give them one thumb up for flavor and one thumb down for "prep effort."

That's all I have to say about today.  I'm dog tired.
OH!  Guess how many gallon sized OJ bottles we have in our recycle bin!
 Four.
Yeah...



No comments:

Post a Comment