Friday, May 4, 2012

Kelly's DAY 24? 25?

What is going on here, Kristin? 

I think we lost count!  You posted day 24 yesterday, but I failed to post at all, and you posted day 24, which I posted two days ago!  I'm confused.  Did we accidentally just tack a day on to this bad boy?

Anyhow, Hey.

 My yesterday was CA-RAZY!  I ran out to grab some strawberries from Matt and Mary's farm stand.  When I got there, they looked so good that I bought 3 quarts! 


I went out to Paul's Country Market to buy their locally famous pretzels that are only sold on Thursday.  I scored the last bag of Cinnamon-Sugar Pretzels.  For those of you nonlocals, these are pretzels made by Mennonite women.  They are better than Auntie Anne's.  This was really hard, and as we speak, there are still four in my kitchen.

I ran to Kmart to get some envelopes, when I stumbled upon a display.  I took at picture on my phone, but my technologically slow self cannot figure out how to get it on this post!  What I saw was something called "STRAWMALLOWS."  Yes, strawmallows...doesn't that just sound appetizing?!  Anyhow, they are "marshmallows" that are pink and are in the shape of strawberries.  What a contrast I had in my morning.  I went to get farm fresh strawberries, then I walk into a store and found rock hard strawmallows.  That pretty much explains the American food supply at this point, so I won't go on about this and risk becoming redundant.  !)

I ran to pick my daughter up from Kindergarten and then went to my doctor's appointment.  After that, we ran to pick up my friend, Kari, for our lunch date.  I was more than relieved that she was game for Chipotle for lunch (therefore, I could actually eat on our lunch date).  Then, we went to Starbucks so the girls could have dessert (I had a Naked OJ).  Starbucks is offering their "Frappucino Happy Hour" coming up May 4-13 from 3-5pm for 1/2 priced Frappucinos.  Guess I'll totally miss that opportunity this year. 

I had a baked sweet potato and strawberries for dinner.

I read an interesting article in the Wall Street Journal that I will try to post on later today!

Sorry my posts have been "surface level" in the last couple of days.  I've been REALLY busy with some MAJOR stuff, and will probably be able to tell you about it in the next week or so! 
Have a great day!
Go out and buy some fresh, local strawberries today!
They have officially ushered summertime into my home!


1 comment:

  1. yuck.
    I'm reading a book called the 7 Pillars of Health by Don Colbert....HIGHLY recommend it!! He's a Christian MD :)

    ReplyDelete