Monday, March 31, 2014

Kristin's Day 31 - A blow-up. Mommy style.

Tonight was ROUGH. Andy doesn't get home from work on Mondays until 8pm so I get to handle the kids, homework, baths, dinner, and the like. Most of the time we do just fine but tonight was just hard. I was trying to make shrimp and veggies tossed with pasta and lemon butter sauce. I can't even eat it, but I still cook for the family.

 Micah was SCREAMING, Nastassja and Peyton are scream fighting, and Nate wants me to bathe him immediately. I'm attempting to make a new recipe for lemon butter sauce that calls for clarified butter. That takes time I didn't have but whatever.

I put dinner on pause, bathe Nate (while the others are still screaming), and while I'm in the kids bathroom, I find Nastassja's clothes strewn on the floor, toothpaste cemented to the sink, and a pink ring in the toilet (cause they never flush it...ahem). I take a few minutes to clean and return to dinner. I bring Micah in the kitchen and give him a spatula to play with and finish up cooking. The kitchen now looks like a lab experiment.

I call everyone for dinner and as Nastassja descends the stairs I hear
"Mom, I only get one shrimp?!!"

I had a physical reaction to her statement. You know...that explosion that happens behind your rib cage. I wanted to lay into her. I wanted to...UGHHH!!!!

I yelled at her and told her what she should've said. I reminded her of ALL that I had done today and how she should be more grateful. Gesh. Micah starts screaming again. Joy.

Then the boys came up and started playing some game around the table instead of sitting down. Again I yelled. I told them what they needed to do.

At this point I'm frustrated with myself . I'm supposed to be in able to handle some stress and not lose my cool, right??

Nope. I'm still gonna mess up...all the time. Tonight, as I reflect on the day, I know that God is still working on me. I'm not who I used to be, but I am continually leaning on Him to mold and shape me into who I'm supposed to be.

On another note: I am SO SO SO SO SO excited for Kelly and Dallas. Their precious sons will come home next week!!!!!!! God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment