Thursday, March 27, 2014

Kristin's Days 24-27 - You Kombucha Mucha??

SO! It's been a few days. Monday night I literally fell asleep at like 8:30 and then Tuesday and Wednesday? I did not stop from the time I woke up until the time I went to bed.

I got to try some new stuff though. Everything else is the same.

On Tuesday, I ate carrot, ginger, cashew soup from Pure and Simple (took some YL chicks) it was pretty good. I have never thought of soaking/pureeing cashews to thicken soup. Huh.

I also tried this weird fermented stuff...Kombucha. I was shopping and it was on sale in the 'organic' section of Martin's. I heard it was good for you? So I bought it. I got Raspberry/Chia, and on the drive home, I cracked the bottle open and chugged some down with a few handfuls of nonGMO kettle chips lol. I called my friend, Millicent Frick, and asked her what I was drinking. The chia seeds made this taste kinda like raspberry flavored snot. It smelled weird.

Millicent told me that Kombucha is a fermented mushroom that is excellent in helping you detox and aids in digestion. Fermented mushrooms?? Who comes up with this? Eh. It tasted ok. I got two bottles and I'll probably buy more someday.

I also went back to the YMCA. It's been almost a year since I've been there so I thought I'd try a Yoga class and I took Sh'bam this morning. Working out during this fast is NOT easy. I didn't eat enough before my two hour workout this morning (Yoga ad Sh'bam back to back) and I thought I was going to faint at the end of Sh'bam! I promise I'll eat better before workouts next week (;

Today I thought I could really eat like this forever. That train of thought lasted approximately 5 minutes. I love cheese. It tastes darn good. I will eat it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment