Saturday, March 8, 2014

Kristin's Day 8 - Shopping Day!!

So I'm still at my friend Alison's house. We enjoyed the beautiful weather today and went shopping in Edgewater, NJ. It is right across the river from Manhattan so you get to enjoy the views of the city without fighting the hustle and bustle. Perfect.


Charming Charlie's (charmingcharlie.com) is an accessories store that we went in today. It was absolutely awesome but absolutely overwhelming. There were so many necklaces, earrings, bracelets, purses, watches, scarves, etc...etc...etc. I just couldn't pick anything. It was too much.
Our culture is overwhelmed every single day with choices. We have SO much and yet with all of the choices that surround us everyday we constantly feel like we never have enough. We need more of this or that. We need to save for...   We need to look for...   We need to go get...
Even thinking about Christ or our spiritual lives is something that gets pushed to the background of our lives so often because we are so busy getting, doing, playing, working, helping, serving, eating, drinking, shopping, talking - you name it, that we get to the end of the day and just fall into bed and wonder where did today go?

Maybe that's why a fast is a good idea. Every time I go to eat I am reminded of what I can not have because I'm fasting. It helps me remember why I'm doing this. It keeps my mind on Christ and the power I need from him to do this anyway.

Breakfast: Avocado, banana, Green goodness juice

Lunch: Chipotle - they now have Sofritas - organic tofu seasoned with Beyond Vegan approved stuff! My stomach digested it well and it was SO yummy (:

Dinner: Indian - right down the street from Ali's apartment is a Vegetarian Indian Restaurant that is amazing! This was dinner. The rice stuff was for Ali, but I had the other things



 
 
 It has been incredible to visit with Alison and I am not exactly ready to go home tomorrow. We had a little fun with some red lipstick tonight, LOL!! I do not think I'll be wearing red lipstick any time soon - it's a little too much for me!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment