Sunday, March 16, 2014

Kristin's Day 16 - I CHOWED DOWN TODAY!

I ate so much today. SO MUCH. Peyton was still pink eye icky this morning so he and I stayed home from church. He had his regular waffles, yogurt, and milk and I grilled up three slices of Polenta (imported from Italy so nonGMO) with marinara sauce. Gross? Well when it's cold I HATE drinking or eating something cold for breakfast. Things like eggs, oatmeal, and pancakes are out of the question so polenta it is. Eh, it wasn't bad.

For a snack I had a green pepper and hummus

For another snack I had Skinny Pop

For another snack I had a sliced banana that had dollups of PB on them

For lunch I had Bombay Potatoes (I like them lol) with two corn tortillas

For another snack I had blue corn chips with the rest of that Indian food out of a can

For dinner I had a can of Amy's Lentil Soup and more corn chips

For another snack I had Sweet Frog with one of my YL friends, Taylor. YES. Sweet Frog without the yogurt - I remixed it by getting all fruit and topping it with nuts. Genius.

See? Told you. I CHOWED DOWN!!  I probably ate a bit too much, but my stomach is actually satisfied before bed for the first time in awhile.

This fast is kinda hard when you have to eat with other people. Especially with my YL friends. How do I explain the way I'm eating right now? Will it sound CRAZY? Idk, Taylor was ok with it. She said that she wanted to do it with me next time. NEXT TIME??? LOL.


I need to start relying on God to get me through the day more. This fast can deplete your energy if you're not eating like every two hours. Eating that much is like exhausting! Is it possible during a fast to seek God for the energy needed to do life? I sure hope so cause it was hard consuming all that food today lol. There will be busy days where it's not possible to eat all day. It would be nice to lean on him in general for all things. WOAH. Mind blown.

People. For the most part, I look to food to fuel me first...not God. Holy crap. Well...huh. I never even thought about that. How often do we look to food or friends or phones or cars or jobs or money before God? I don't know about you, but I'm so guilty of seeking those things first so many times. I know God provides everything we have and the things I listed aren't 'bad' but friends...do we seek him first?

"Seek first the kingdom of God and all these things will be added unto you."

Just in writing this blog post this verse has taken on new meaning for me. I hope you catch my drift (;

No comments:

Post a Comment