Friday, March 14, 2014

Kristin's Day 13 & 14 - Brooms and Banquets

The last four days have been a WHIRLWIND. I have not been to bed before midnight in quite some time and it caught up to me this morning. I entered what I affectionately call 'fast fog.'

Fast Fog - a period of time during a long fast where the body and mind operate in what could be defined as a fog or impaired state. Energy levels are diminished, thoughts are even more jumbled, and emotional well being can fluxuate in a matter of minutes several times per day.

Yesterday I subbed, hung out with the magnificent Chandler Reed, sorted a marvelous size 10 wardrobe provided by my Mom, Sharon, for Nastassja, and helped host Broomball. It was a crazy day. I didn't eat enough. I did not eat anything new so I'll save you the report. Here's few pics from last night.


Today I woke up with a splitting headache. I pulled on clothes and ran to Hagerstown to have what served as breakfast with the beautiful Kayla Shanholtz. She had lo mein and General Tso's chicken. Me? I had a cabbage, broccoli, celery, carrot mixture, corn, and a small fry from McDonald's.

Then with  my splitting headache still pounding the mess out of my skull, I went grocery shopping at my favorite Beyond Vegan food supplier: The Maugansville Martin's. I spent some time there scouring the shelves for new approved foods and they delivered. I got some Indian food that lifted my spirits, plantains, non GMO grits/polenta, corn tortillas, and almond butter. When I got home, I heated some corn tortillas and an Indian food pouch that contained something called Bombay Potatoes. DELICIOUS!! I used the tortillas as Naan (not the same but not terrible) and thoroughly enjoyed lunch.

I took some Advil. Good life decision.

Dinner? Yeah ummmm, we attended a Benefit Dinner for San Mar home. Andy had this awesome looking chicken pinwheel plate with rice and veggies. I had a plate of veggies. Yep. Andy also ate my cheesecake. My chocolate peanut butter cheesecake. Yeah. I left hungry.

Went I got home I heated some chick peas and spinach then smothered them some Indian sauce that I bought today. I am so thankful for Indian food right now. Beyond Vegan approved and full of flavor? Thank goodness!!!

God is in control of all things. We can not and do not understand, but there is something that happens when we fast. It's like we get recalibrated, reset, detoxed in a way. If you have a relationship with God and have never fasted, I encourage you to do so. Join us if you'd like!!

No comments:

Post a Comment