Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Kristin's Day 5 - Eggplant diaster

Last year, Andy took me to this awesome Greek/Turkish place in Frederick. We had some incredible food there and among the things we tried was baba ganoush. It's an eggplant/tahini dip that is just so good.
I found a recipe today and roasted up my eggplant. I prepared it, got my veggies/popchips ready and sat down to dinner with the fam. They had spaghetti and meatballs.

 
It was disgusting. I was beyond disappointed.
 
 
I looked forward to having this all day. I was SO excited to try it and enjoy it. One bite and that feeling was gone. Gross. Andy said he'd eat it. Awesome.
 
In other news...I'm exhausted. It's 11:30pm. Night!
 
Breakfast: A banana, strawberry, spinach, PB, almond milk, OJ smoothie
 
Lunch: the other 1/2 of the soup from yesterday, another whole green pepper with hummus, and tortilla chips.
 
Snack: Lots of pop chips - they are on sale at Martin's this week. Try some!
 
Dinner: Eggplant Failure dipped in veggies and of course...popchips 

No comments:

Post a Comment