Saturday, March 1, 2014

Kristin's Day One - It's never a good time...

It's never a good time to fast. Like ever. There will always be a party or trip or SOMETHING. So, do we reschedule and try again next time? Maybe, but I just can't reschedule right now.
  • My best friend has been waiting for YEARS for the most adorable boys ever
  • Some of my YL friends want to choose Christ but...
I have been praying.... maybe not as much as I'd like, but I have and it's not working. I feel like the disciples in Matthew 17 and Mark 9. They prayed and it didn't work. Jesus told them that this spirit can only come out through prayer and fasting. It's time.

Last night and today, we celebrated Nastassja's 9th birthday. She is currently horse obsessed so we made a weekend of it.

Last night we stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. This hotel offers free breakfast which would've been awesome but there were only 3things I could actually have, an apple, a banana, and orange juice. Nastassja enjoyed her pancakes, ham, and cinnamon bun 😊

Today we went to Horse World Expo at the Farm Show complex in Harrisburg PA. No outside food permitted. We shopped horse vendors for hours and watched demonstrations. My stomach and head were complaining from the lack of food and coffee. Finally...lunchtime. The only thing that even came close to fitting within the fast were a side of French fries and water. Yep. I simply texted 'Dude' to Kelly. (PS-I will never stop using that word)

As soon as Nastassja and I got home, Andy and I had a meeting, and then date night in. I sautéed up some mushrooms and garlic, added diced tomatoes, and served it over sliced potatoes. Today was a whirlwind that would've been easier if I was not fasting. It's never a good time, but it's time. I fast because Jesus did. I am too much of a wimp to do this on my own so I'm so grateful that Kelly will journey away from most food and toward God with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment