Friday, March 14, 2014

"CRUNCHY MIX," & what's wrong with my avocado? ~Kelly's Day 14

I wish I could tell you that I woke up and ate this amazing breakfast of, say, Apples and peanut butter, but I keep forgetting to eat breakfast! I fed my children before school! Does that count?

Around 11 o'clock, and after my friend, Lauren, and I left the GUN STORE (Do I sound like I could kick someone's butt right now? ...like someone you don't want to mess with? You never know in South Carolina. I could be packin' heat every day, and you would NEVER KNOW), I realized I was famished. I ran through the McDonald's drive through, and despite a very confusing conversation between the two ordering takers, the other driver and myself, I ended up with a large french fry. I am about 90% positive that they are not 100% potato, but I will refuse to ask for now.

When we got home, I made vegan quesadillas. If you're thinking that they sound familiar, they should. I had them six days ago. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and I looked through the veggies and since everything looked and smelled alright, I went full steam ahead for the veggie quesadillas with that newfangled soy cheese stuff...even though the "cheese" still scares me.

Then, I tried this "CRUNCHY MIX." Ingredients: Adzuki (whatever THAT is...it's the brown bean thing), Lentil and Peas. Can we say...AWKWARD?! First of all, it was only oddly "crunchy." When I hear the word "CRUNCH," I think of chips, not BEANS. "POPPY MIX," yes. "CRUNCHY MIX," a resounding "NO." Were they edible? Yes. Enjoyable? You got it. No. However, I think this "crunchy mix" would be fantastic over a salad...if I could have dressing. I might make my own soon. I make better dressing than you can buy, anyway.


This next picture is noteworthy. I'm not sure I've ever in my life sliced the entire way through an avocado. Maybe you have. Maybe you haven't. But, WHAT is that weird white thing in the middle?! Not gonna lie. I'm grossed out a bit. Still ate it. The picture is grossing me out a bit.


For dinner, I had another veggie quesadilla, an avocado, and the rest of the veggies after I stir fried them with some grapeseed oil. Just add salsa, which I did, and I had a fantastically pleasing meal.


SO! TODAY we received our VISA appointment for our two little guys that we have been waiting to bring home from Haiti for TOO LONG! Their visa appointment is MARCH 31st!!! THAT MEANS that we will be traveling to Haiti to bring them home MID-APRIL!!
Blessed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment