Sunday, March 16, 2014

An Exercise in Crashing the Chatterbox~Kelly's day 16

I don't like potato chips. Some of you are unfriending me on Facebook as we speak, but I don't. HOWEVER, as it is one of only a few things that aren't actual fruits and veggies on this fast, I have come to an agreement with them. They satisfy, and I'll eat them. I found this "Kettle" brand potato chips. Ingredients: Potatoes and salt. Check the little blue box on the bag-NO GMOs in THIS bag! That's what a girl likes to hear! Do I sound like I've lost it? 'Cause I feel like I have.

Went to World Market today in search of a dining room table bench. We have to fit two more rears around the table in a month or so! While I was there, I overheard this lady say, "I just have to go look in the exotic foods section." After I grimmaced and finished judging her word choice (what high-falutin town is SHE from?), a lightbulb went off. "HEY! HEY! ...I NEED TO HAVE A LOOK IN THIS..."EXOTIC FOOD SECTION!!!" So, like any good creeper does, I followed her to the Indian food section...where I found those Bombay Potatoes Kristin blogged about a few days ago. I quickly rang Kristin up. The conversation lasted about 12 seconds. It went like this:
Kristin: "Hello?"
Me: "Were those Bombay Potato things made by Tasty Bite?"
Kristin: "Yes."
Me: "Did you see all the other Tasty Bite variations?"
Kristin: "Yes, but most of them are not Beyond Vegan approved."
Me (looking at the ingredient list of the other bags): "Oh. I see. Okay, thanks! Talk to you later!"


I also bought some of those boxes. What is it with Indian Food? Don't they have English translations?! I mean, I bought:
Amritasri ALOO MUTTER~"Who's your mutter?"
and
Mughlai DAL PALAK
YUM!
I hope these taste better than they sound.


I have to say that church was great this morning~as usual, but the rest of the was sort of disappointing. Here's the short list:
1~Both our soccer games were cancelled...AGAIN. I'm the team manager, so I have to reschedule them.
2~I went and bought a dining bench today. It was on serious sale, and I got an extra 15% off on top of that. It had an imperfection that I knew about, but I figured I could just sand it down and re-stain it. When I got it home, The Man asked if it was like that because of a screw. It was. He returned it. So, my savings of $160 was actually a #benchfail.
3~The Man and I have been talking about getting a new computer for about 4 years, but I've been fine with this one because it STILL WORKS! ...SLOWLY ...but it's fading fast, and it's time to retire her. Since we've had her since 2006, I'd say we got our money's worth. Today is the day we lay her to rest. In addition, The Man bought me an ipad air. I wanted an ipad mini. We discussed that earlier today, but he didn't hear the mini part. He came home with the ipad air. Argument ensued. What a spoiled brat I am. I get that, but I didn't want to cart around this "gigantic" ipad everywhere. He ran back and made the exchange. I'm blessed. I know it. It's still frustrating when you feel like you aren't heard.
4~I tried the Bombay Potatoes. I could have used a little less Bombay and a little more potatoes, but that's just me.

While I was trying to get my sick "Baby bear #2" in bed, my "Baby bear #3", aka "The Pixie" was downstairs (even though I told her to go put her jammies on) de-booksleeving all the books in our bookshelf.

You know, after learning how to CRASH THE CHATTERBOX for FIVE WEEKS, you'd think I'd catch on a little faster, but no. I still got pretty darn mad pretty darn quickly and yelled, and kicked a pillow before I realized how silly that was and how I am NOT the only mom whose children do things like this, that I am NOT the only person in this house that cleans up after themselves and RESTORES order instead of creating chaos (although the unflushed "poop toilet" I found upstairs would suggest otherwise). Chatterbox: "Your kids are out of control. They don't even flush their own poo. You are not fit to parent orphans. I'm going to destroy you when the boys come home." I also flew off the deep end over that ipad air because the "Chatterbox" was telling me, "He never hears you. He doesn't value you or respect what you want."
When I got to trying to reschedule our soccer games, "Chatterbox" chimed right in..."No one respects you. Sure. You volunteer to do this job, but you annoy the coach so much that he won't even give you his other manager's phone number so you can reschedule this match." And, my favorite, "You should never even TRY to save money. You always mess up when you do. You idiot. You always mess up. The Man knew right away that the problem was a screw on the underside. Don't you know anything?"  We learned today that we need to combat the lies with TRUTH!
SO, here goes, and I'm writing it in BOLD---SO THE CHATTERBOX WILL HEAR ME:
Round 1~I am a GOOD MOM! God gifted me with extraordinary children! SMART children! Children whose brains are always wondering what is BEHIND THE COVER! Children who are BUSY exploring! ...Children who are so busy exploring that they forget to flush the toilet! I am blessed to be their mom! HE KNEW THEM when He formed them in my womb and in the womb of their birth mother! MY GOD HAS BIG PLANS FOR THEM, and I GET TO be a part of it!
Round 2~My husband might not listen to me over his own internal monologue all the time. I need to figure out how to  make sure we do not miscommunicate. BUT, MY HUSBAND loves me and CONSISTENTLY lays his own life down for me! He LAVISHES me with gifts, hugs, attention, praise and constant encourgement!
Round 3~Our coach does not live his life to honor the God that created him. I will CONTINUE to pray for him and serve him and our team in a way that honors God so HE WILL GET THE GLORY! ALL honor and praise to God! It's not about rescheduling matches. It's not even about soccer. It's ALL for Him.
Round 4 (for the K-O)~God knows what I'm made to do! I'm good at MANY things! Saving money might not be one of them, but I KNOW the plans He has for ME! Plans to PROSPER ME!

THAT'S HOW YOU "CRASH THE CHATTERBOX," FOLKS!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment