Saturday, March 22, 2014

Kristin's Days 21 &22 - It just occured to me...

This week has been beyond crazy. Wait, let me rephrase that. The
last month has been beyond crazy. Andy and I are booked solid and we only see each other during transitions. Nuts.

Since we married in 2002, we try to do a date night once a week. Some of you think that's crazy - like who has time for that? Technically, we don't but if we do not connect with one another at least once a week? Everything in our relationship starts to get stinky. We get shorter with one another. We do not communicate well...it's like a snowball. Date night (although it's become quite a cliché) is essential for our marriage.

So, that's why it's kinds hard to blog everyday. I either do a really short one or I'm typing when I should be sleeping!!! I think I might try to blog earlier in the day or something. We'll see how it goes.

There were some hard food choices in the last two days. I took Colleen to Panera yesterday. They did not have my black bean soup, so I got garden veggie soup. Ugh. I picked out the pasta, but ended up eating the barley. Barley is too hard to pick out. For dinner Andy and I hit up Waynesburger (it's awesome) before going to see Damn Yankees at WASHS. I ordered a salad without cheese, hummus, and French fries. Have you ever tried hummus on salad? Not bad...not bad...

Late last night, I had a sleepover with my YL friends. They brought food, most I couldn't even eat, and we stayed up till 3am talking, watching movies, and playing games. This morning I made the girls Belgian waffles and bacon. I made myself some tea and a smoothie...

Tonight, I went to my YL friend's 16 birthday party. It was held at Rolling Mill Tavern in Rouzerville. They have some yummy food and this spread was equipped with burgers and wings...ugh. I ate potato chips, veggies, and actually rolled French fries in leaves of lettuce. Hey, I was trying to make the most of things!


 
As I was driving around this evening it just occurred to me that Jesus' disciples didn't 'get it' until he left and the Holy Spirit came. At one time, Jesus had hundreds maybe even thousands following him around, but in the end, even his closest disciple had a temporary case of betrayal, and the ones who once followed him around turned around and wanted to murder him. 
 
Friends, I have the privilege of working with some of the most amazing teenagers ever. They are just incredible. Sometimes I wish I could make them understand the love God has for us and poke that change God does inside to come along. I want them to experience what I have experienced. God completely and totally changed me - heart, mind, soul, and spirit. He gave me confidence where I lacked it. He gave me a new identity that I never would've saw coming.
 
It just occurred to me that even Jesus couldn't make that understanding come for his disciples. He had to wait until the Holy Spirit opened their minds and gave the wisdom and understanding they needed.
 
In the end, I have to pray, be there, and be willing but it's God who does the work. We say that ALL the time, but do we understand what that means? Do we live that out as we interact with the ones we have the honor to love?
 
THAT FRIENDS, that lil tidbit of info was my meat today. My physical is certainly craving all kinds of food right now, but my spirit needs nourishment. I've been getting some bit by glorious bit. Fasting is hard, but the benefits for the soul/spirit? TOTALLY WORTH IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment