Saturday, March 8, 2014

Seesaws~Kelly's Day 8

A word to my dear friend, Kristin: Keep on keepin' on, sister! Anyone else think it's funny that Kristin is in "The Big Apple" when that's one of a handful of things she can actually EAT right now? Take a bite outta THAT, Kristin! !) I also wanted to note that I have no idea what you are eating.  All this "pop" stuff..all this weirdo tofurkey egg stuff...I'm confused! And, finally.  While I applaud your efforts to keep up your end of the blogging deal, I would like to remind you of the spelling of your name: It is spelled K-R-I-S-T-I-N. Thank you, and have fun in the city!

Well, this morning was BREATHTAKING in my little lake town...SO...BEAUTIFUL!  I always love my drive to yoga on Saturday mornings.  The lake is so calm.  Usually, there is steam burning the night waters away.  It's so very, very beautiful.  THIS morning, it was FOGGY!  SO FOGGY that I could not see the lake waters underneath the bridge as I drove over.  I crawled to a stop thinking I could get an amazing picture, but only saw a black bird sailing silently over the water, and the "No Wake Zone" buoy bobbling below.  The sun was just burning through.  It was so bright!  By the time I got to my yoga class, the sun had burned off all the clouds, and this Carolina blue sky was cheerfully ushering my day.  The breath that the view on my drive to yoga took from me, my yoga practice fully restored!  It was a good morning! I even got Mountain Climber Pose by myself for the first time EVER (a pose I didn't even know I could do until my instructor told me I could on Thursday morning)! Victory!

After yoga, I went home, scarfed down some corn salad and an avocado. We left to pick up "The Man's" birthday present that I bought on Craig's List...a tandem kayak.  So, we had a bright green kayak on the roof.  THEN, we ran over to a furniture store to purchase the trundle bed I've been wanting for my daughter's room.  THEN, we ran over and bought two twin mattresses for two trundles in our house. THEN we went and bought paddles for our new kayak.

When we got home, I ate some tortilla chips. Little Pixie took a nap, big kids jumped on the trampoline. The Man and I took a nap.

When we woke up, we headed out on the lake in our new kayak.  As it turns out, tandem kayaking is a "relationship building activity." We will have to try again another time. !)  When we returned home, The Man grilled out my favorite Jalapeno Cheddar Brats from "The Peach Stand" (think "Butcher Shoppe" all you PA friends). I also made roasted honey, brown sugar and whiskey glazed carrots.  I wanted a brat something fierce, and those carrots looked amazing, but I ate my Israeli Salad instead.

Late night snack? Strawberries.

The last 24 hours or so have been challenging (spiritually speaking). I know God has some things to teach me.  I know God has some things He wants to usher me into.  I'm excited about those things.  I feel like I'm on a teeter totter (a seesaw) right now...delicately balanced in the middle.  No feet on the ground.  Weight evenly distributed, exhilarated with wonder! That "who will go up? who will go down?" kinda feeling! The kind of exuberance I'm feeling is the one in which you just stop and stare in complete amazement at the person sitting across from you wondering who will throw this thing off balance first!  Although I'm still struggling with our new "home," I'm now excited about what God is ABOUT to do! I still miss my home like crazy.  I miss my town.  I miss my friends.  BUT, I'm not moving back in the foreseeable future, and I need to look forward.  Even as I type this, I'm choking up, but I don't want to be the kid sitting at the top of the seesaw when the other person jumps off.  I want to maintain that balance and both step off together at the end of the ride. 

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day~and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing." 2 Tim 4:7,8


No comments:

Post a Comment