Tuesday, March 18, 2014

McHales Irish Pub and Nonviolence~Kelly's Day 18

If I told you about my morning, you would understand why I forgot to eat breakfast. In short, I drove to our Elementary school twice and got stuck in school traffic twice, which translated into me driving for almost an hour before 7:40, and the only thing I had to show for it is that my children were at school, Chris Stombaugh's signature, and twenty bucks to pay Coach for tournament per diem.

When The Pixie and I finally got home, I had to jump on a Holy Yoga prayer call. The gal officiating the call accidentally overslept, so I sorta led it.

Ran Pixie to school.
Ran to yoga.
Ran to REI.
Ran to the mall.
Ran to World Market-scored big time.
Ran to pick Pixie up.

Lunch:
1 Avocado
Couple of handfuls of Cashews
Amy's Black bean soup

By mid afternoon, I was running WAY LOW on energy, but mid afternoon is typically when my day just gets fired up, so it was homework, then down to Rock Hill for agility training.

We went to this Irish Pub for dinner. I thought I was going to get stuck eating French fries for dinner. I mean, when you think Irish, you think fish 'n chips or potatoes, right? I guess I had a 50-50 chance.



Turns out, I had a pretty good selection to choose from. I might have gotten a little excited when I ordered. I ordered steamed broccoli, a side salad with no cheese or dressing, and a plain baked potato. It was awesome! Meanwhile, The Man threw down fish'n chips, and the kids had your typical kid stuff.


the Man ordered an appetizer called " Leprechaun Balls."  They appeRed to be some kind of jalapeƱo/velveta looking cheese balls that were breaded and deep fried. They were a big hit among the cheese eaters...even Darby, who typically reacts to spicy things as one would react if they had been set on actual fire.


Interestingly enough,in my yoga class this morning, the teacher was talking about an idea called nonviolence that those who associate yoga practice with Eastern religions would subscribe to. While I do not choose to associate my yoga practice with Eastern religion, but rather, with Jesus, I respect other ideas and try to see if there's anything God would have me learn through my teachers...just as I would seek to learn through interactions with any other person in my life.  Today, the one thing that stood out is that she said we should not be "violent" against ourselves...including our thought life and self talk. I think my jaw dropped when she said that, because that definitely aligns with the Crash the Chatterbox series my church just finished up. I even told her during class that "I can't do half moon pose." I can do other poses which I consider "harder," but half moon is my nemesis, and it kicks my butt every time! She (rightly) corrected me by reminding me that "I'm working on it." I realized that as soon as my instructors say " half moon,' I instantly hate life and start all the negative self talk. What God wants is for me to see myself as He sees me...I am more than a conqueror!  I think we should all exercise a little more love toward ourselves, knowing that our confidence is not in ourselves, but in The Lord!


And then I had a tall glass of orange juice.
Selah!

No comments:

Post a Comment