Thursday, March 6, 2014

Forgot to eat~Kelly's Day 6

So...I...uh...forgot to eat breakfast.
...and lunch.

I was sort of in a hurry to get to yoga class.  I had a new instructor to try on for size.  GREAT CLASS!  Loved it! Loved her!  But in my morning rush, I sorta forgot to eat breakfast.  No biggie.  I normally don't do so well if I eat breakfast before yoga class anyway.

...but then, I forgot to eat lunch.

To my defense, I had to go straight from yoga to the kiddos' school to register people and rush to pick "The Little Red Pixie" up from Preschool, or so I thought.  I was actually an hour EARLY to pick her up, which gave me enough time to stop by the REAL grocery store (by REAL, I mean...not Walmart).  About the time I walked into the grocery store, I realized I hadn't eaten since yesterday, and it hit me like a ton of bricks (anyone ever wonder where that saying came from? No?).  I felt dizzy...hungry.  I was almost hungry enough to grab the closest produce and begin gnawing, but I restrained.

Cue Kelly's inner monologue:
"WAIT! Is that free food?!  Food samples?!  Free orange morsels? Free cherry tomatoes?!  How many of these could I get away with eating before I am reprimanded and thrown out of here?  I'm at Harris Teeter, not Walmart!  Who am I kidding? Walmart doesn't give out free ORANGES OR free cherries!"

I settled on one orange "piece" (about the size of a Hershey Kiss), and ONE cherry tomato. 

After grocery shopping, I came home and went to TOWN!  I made "Israeli Salad," Lentil-Lime Salad, Corn Salad, and roasted the veggies for dinner.  I cooked for HOURS. So excited to have "Beyond Vegan" approved meals READY and WAITING for me!

For dinner, I made quesadillas!  OH, BABY!  They were good!
"BEYOND VEGAN QUESADILLA":
Corn tortillas.
Roasted Corn, Red Bell Pepper, Red Onion, Mushrooms
That fake vegan soy cheese stuff they sell (I was scared, but I'll try almost anything once~and definitely had to remind myself of that when I bought the vegan cheese)
Refried Beans
Slap it all together and fry that bad boy up with some Grapeseed Oil, and BAM!
Best meal I've had in SIX DAYS!
Best news? 
I have enough to make probably two or three more (except, I might run out of that faux cheese)!

My side with dinner was my lentil-lime salad!

This day rocked!
ROCKED!
AND, I'm about to have a THAI YOGA session with my Holy Yoga friend, GAO!
Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment