Sunday, March 2, 2014

Kelly's Day Two

Breakfast Confession: I didn't have time to eat breakfast this morning.  Actually, I HAD time to eat, I just didn't have time to slice fruit, if you know what I mean. Funny how this "FAST" forces us to "SLOW DOWN" and reflect, all because of food.

Lunch: Half an avocado (The avocados "The Man" purchased last night are nowhere near ripe), some tortilla chips (Kristin and I decided last time that CORN is a vegetable, not a grain-just go with it-and therefore, tortilla chips are okay assuming they are only made with corn and salt, 'K?), and a few carrots.

Snack: Carrots (I told you I need to go grocery shopping)

Dinner: Couple tortilla chips, a bowl of strawberries and a HUGE glass of 100% Orange Juice (Oh, no.  HERE she goes again with the OJ).

MY DAY:
Went to church this morning expectant.  We are so blessed to worship under our Pastor, Steven Furtick, of Elevation Church in Charlotte, NC.  EVERY single week, Pastor Steven "brings it."  His transparency is refreshing.  His fervor for the Gospel is refreshing.  I leave my church every Sunday morning knowing God loves me...even in my sin...even in my turmoil...even when I want to run the other way, and every Sunday, I leave Elevation feeling challenged to pursue Him more ardently.  THIS morning, in particular, I left church reminded of my covenant relationships.  For all you "Elevators" out there, you might be thinking, "Did you go to...ELEVATION Church this morning (Our church is in the middle of "Crash the Chatterbox", a series based off of our pastor's book "Crash the Chatterbox")?  Because, I learned about 'The Chatterbox,' and how he uses this thing called SHAME."  Yes, brothers and sisters, I DID go to our beloved Elevation this morning. After Pastor Steven finished his sermon, Pastor Ken got up to serve us Communion.  If you've been around awhile, you are constantly reminded that "communion" is "ONENESS" with God. However, this morning, Pastor Ken reminded me (I say "ME" because I believe God spoke right to my heart during communion) that the blood represents our COVENANT relationship with God.  The relationship that I take for granted daily, the relationship that was sealed in blood, the relationship based out of the purest love one can have for a man or a woman, is a covenant relationship.  When I invited Jesus in, HE signed a covenent agreement with me...with His own blood.  I signed it with my faith confession and my baptism.
He gave death.
He gave life.
He gave covenant.
I received HIS death.
I received HIS life.
I WILL receive HIS inheritance.
I RECEIVED HIS COVENANT.
He GAVE. I RECEIVED.
Covenant.

If you read my post entitled "Pre Fast Mourning," you know that I have spent quite some time angry at God.  Hear me now, folks.
Even in my anger.
Even in my resentment.
He loved me. 
Covenant.
Even in my sin.
Even in my shame.
He loved.
Covenant.

EVEN WHEN WE BREAK COVENANT, HE DOES NOT.
HE.
CAN.
NOT.
Why? Because THIS covenant was written because HE LOVES ME.
God *IS* LOVE!
Covenant.

I think I had succumbed to the LIE that "GOD TOOK" from me.
(Cue "Chatterbox")
"HE took you out of the town you love.
Your husband doesn't love you. If he REALLY did, he would NEVER have pulled you out of that town.
God REALLY wants you to be isolated.
You don't have any friends, and you WON'T have any.
You don't fit in here.
You have no ministry here.
Your kids are just a number at their school."

STEP AWAY FROM ME, SATAN!
God does NOT TAKE!
HE GIVES!
HE ALWAYS HAS!
HE ALWAYS WILL!

"The Man" asked me why I was doing this fast yesterday.  I told him that I felt like God was nudging me to do this to draw me back to Him.  Desperate times call for desperate measures.  I know God and I are about to "HASH SOME THINGS OUT" here...
*HERE*
So, if you are the "faint of heart" type, you should probably go buy a good set of tweezers so you can remove the plank from your eye...you know, so you can see clearly to take the plank outta mine? It'll be sorta like a "you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours" exercise.
Who's with me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment