Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My Birthday~Kelly's day 25

Day 25 was my birthday. I knew it going into this fast that there would be no cake. No yummy birthday dinner. No wine, but when the day actually got here, I was seriously disappointed. 
I love birthday cake.
Actually, forget the cake.
Just gimme a bowl full of buttercream frosting and let me go to town.
I think I just drooled a little.
(Joke)

My birthday began with a breakfast of my least favorite:
celery and peanut butter.
In my opinion, celery, when teamed with peanut butter, just ruins the peanut butter.
Judge if you wish.
A friend of mine sent me a birthday picture of HER celery and peanut butter snack.
I am seriously considering unfollowing her on Twitter.

The Man surprised me by asking a few of my friends to come out for my birthday dinner with us! Pictured below in order from shortest to tallest is me (with my birthday water), my friend, Jen (with her wine), and my friend Britta (with her wine). Taking the picture is The Man (with his beer-maybe that's why it's blurry). I have no idea why I had a kung foo grip on my glass, but doesn't my wrist look ripped? I just love these girls! They always love to have a good time, and the times are always positive and happy!

Jen and Britta brought me a birthday present: A Starbucks gift card and a box of nuts! I mean, is that so awesome, or what?!


Maybe it was because I was still recovering from lack of sleep over last weekend, but exhaustion set in on my birthday. I tried to take a quick nap in the morning, but my feet were freezing, and I gave up. Maybe it was because I'm not able to get enough calories. Maybe it's because I'm not getting the right kind of calories. Maybe I'm getting sick. Who knows? But, I was tired. I hope I wasn't a party pooper at my own party.

We (and, by "we," I mean "they") ordered this amazing appetizer. I had a small taste of the guacamole. It looked amazing. I can't wait to go back and try it!


It's not just the lighting here, folks. I had edamame for my appetizer. It was just your typical edamame. Nothing new under the sun. 
So much work.
Three little beans.
So much "stuff" to clean up afterward.
Why do people eat these, again?
Does anyone just crave edamame?
I mean, is it anyone's FAVORITE food?
I don't get it.


AND, for the main dish, I got an order of...drumroll, please...
...SPICY THAI CUCUMBERS!!!
...and Jen shared her sweet potato fries with me.
...that's what friends do.
...especially when you put in your own order for sweet potato fries, and they never come.


So, I called Kristin earlier in the day to say this:
"I'm back in Beth's pants."
That means, I've officially lost a size.
She has, too.
But, since it's not about the food or dropping weight, I don't even care.

I told Kristin I was pretty ticked because I couldn't have my birthday cake, REAL food, or wine on my birthday, and she reminded me that God has honored my commitment to Him through my eating, and to look back at what big things He has done since this fast began! She's right, but I still wanted my cake. Even so, the temptation to have a glass of wine on my birthday was great. It's pretty hard to turn your birthday into a day that is NOT about you. In America, our birthdays are supposed to be "OUR DAY." I mean, there's a song about it..."It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to..." I have a friend who celebrates the entire MONTH of her birthday. While celebrating life is a good thing, and it's great to feel special on our birthdays, yesterday was "the Lord's day." It was just another day. A special day where I was getting texts, phone calls, FB "Happy Birthdays" from friends of old, and special birthday dinners with new friends, and whereas it was the day that the Godhead created their favorite child of all, it was just another beautiful day in God's Kingdom...a day where I felt completely loved by my friends near and far.

So, thank you for making me feel special!
Thank you, Kristin, for reminding me that I am second!
Thank you, Brooke Boon, for reminding me that *I* am God's favorite (even though we all know that YOU are God's favorite)!
Thank you, Dallas, for loving me through my ugly!
Thank you, Jesus, for sending ARMIES to fight fights that I'm unaware of!

No comments:

Post a Comment