Monday, March 24, 2014

New Jersey~Kelly's days 21-23

I have been in training to become a Holy Yoga Instructor. This past weekend, I was blessed to head north to New Jersey for an Arm Balance workshop and Holy Yoga touch training. I can now massage and help work stress out of your body if you dare (wink, wink). The Man is my practice "dummy" for now. I was excited to go because it was me, and 30ish if my Holy Yoga sisters at a beautiful bed and breakfast that was less than a block from the ocean. I could see it from my bed.

On my way into this cozy ocean side town in NJ, I was reminiscing about the days of old. The days when The Man was a pilot in hue Air Force, and we were stationed in the Garden State...the days when we had season passes to Six Flags...the place where Tate was born...where we met our best friends who introduced us to Jesus...where we learned what Young Life is...the place where I gave my life over to Jesus...when I passed the lake that my pastor wanted to stop to baptize me in. After we realized it was on Six Flags property, we just continued on down the highway until it ended...at the ocean. When we found the end of he road, we got out, and I was baptized there. Memories, memories! But, when my GPS took me to he very end of the highway, I was there again. I spent the whole weekend in that little ocean side town where I was baptized ten years ago. I had come full circle as God moves me into a new ministry. 


The whole weekend was about Jesus. He was the center of it all. He took his seat of honor as we basked in he salty sea air in the gorgeous town.


I learned some new arm balances that I need to clean up now that I'm home! Check out my hummingbird!


I took tons of food and drink that helped me get through the weekend, but it was pretty easy to find food that fit into my fast. First night, I had a taco at Surf Taco. Corn tortilla, black beans, spinach and avocado. Lunch on Saturday, we hit this little vegan restaurant! God is so good to me! He even put a vegan restaurant there!

However, the WORD that I left there with came during a Gentle Holy Yoga class. Because the light was shining in my eyes when class started, I turned to face the opposite direction of the other women in my row. Later in the practice, we were instructed to hold hands with our Holy Yoga sisters, but because I was facing the other direction, I had no one to hold hands with. I got to thinking and praying..."isolated again, God? HERE?! I'm already isolated at home. I can't take this here. I might as well leave now." In fact, I wanted to get up and run out of there right at that moment. In that moment, sweet Diane knelt down by my side and held my hand, and I heard God whisper to my spirit, "Lo. I am which you always, even to the ends of the earth." Promise.


I went to New Jersey expecting to learn some new arm balances, and I did. I went expecting to meet some new friends, and I did. I went to learn how to add massage and touch to my classes, and I did. I did not expect to meet with God in such a powerful way, but He ushered me into town as I literally drove down memory lane to get here. His promises and faithfulness never end. 
...they never, ever end.

1 comment: