Wednesday, March 5, 2014

It's officially Lent~Kelly's Day 5

I find it very comforting knowing that Lent has finally begun.  While the student in me wants to go on this whole historical research tangent, I'll just have you know that I found myself ENTIRELY comforted in knowing that my Brothers and Sisters in Christ are JOINING US now in stripping something out of their lives in order to focus on Jesus's sacrifice and returning to the God of the Universe.  The Church is focusing, returning, joining together, and when THAT happens, "you-know-who" gets MAD.  It's alright.  I know who goes before me!

I'd love y'all to comment and let me know what your obedience has led you to give up for Lent!  

That's basically all I have to say today.  The word of the day? COMFORT (note that I did not follow that word with "FOOD")

Food:
Breakfast: Apple (an apple a day keeps the doctor away, right?)
Lunch: Avocado, a couple scoops of Peanut Butter
Snack: Tortilla chips, a spoonful of PB
Dinner: A baked sweet potato

Exhaustion is setting in.  I hope that is short lived.
Grace and Peace!
~k

No comments:

Post a Comment