Wednesday, March 12, 2014

FINALLY! ~Kelly's Day 12

I would say that God is honoring my obedience. Today. YES, TODAY! I received an email from the US Embassy in Port-Au-Prince that told us the US Government recognizes and approves our boys in Haiti to be classified as immediate relatives! 
WE.
ARE.
FINALLY.
ON.
THE.
LAST.
STEP.
Friends, I love you. But, I am NOW CONVINCED that no one can accurately understand the definition of the word "FINALLY" until you have adopted internationally.

"FINALLY" might best be defined in Psalm 130: 5-6. I could dissect this thing word by word (it's so good), but you'd be here all night, and by the end of the post, you would understand how the watchmen who wait for the morning felt: 
I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope. I wait for the LORD more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning. 

See, watchmen waiting for the morning have the LAST shift..the one no one wants. I've always wondered how biblical people could even GO on the last shift. You know, before alarm clocks? How?! Anyway, the point is that watchmen probably waited until that sun peeked up over the horizon so they could FINALLY go back to BED! FINALLY!

After we got our news, I flipped open to the nearest Psalm, and what I read was GOOD! REALLY good! 
Psalm 116:1: "I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy" That is SO VERY FITTING! The LORD HEARD ME! He HEARD my petitions on behalf of the orphan! What can we do but shout it from the rooftops?! FINALLY!

So you know exactly HOW CLOSE we are now, all we need is two more little pieces of paper. Two more. One visa for Jean-Marie, and One visa for Faubert, and...
We
are
FINALLY
done.
He is so Faithful.
Amen. 
 
Finished my first jar of peanut butter today. Peanut butter is pretty satisfying. I had it for breakfast...and a midday snack...and pre dinner. That's all I'm going to say about peanut butter today.

I had a baked potato from McAlister's for lunch.
...and an avocado.
...and the last of my Thai Cucumbers.

I drop my Naomi and her friend off at art classes at the Belmont General Store on Wednesdays. It's torture. They have an ice cream shoppe.
Tate got ice cream.
Naomi got ice cream.
Her friend, Sarah, got ice cream.
Darby got ice cream.
My mom got ice cream.
And then...
...the guy asked me what I would like.
"Oh. I'm not having any today."
"Ice cream is good for you," he replied.
(Chuckling on the outside, but crying on the inside) I answered, "Not today, thank you."

Then, as everyone in Belmont, NC enjoyed their ice cream, I looked around in LB's produce stand, where they had all sorts of amazing goodies like these fudge cups. WHO is Nancy?! I want to be her new best friend.


I started to think that maybe some of their specialty nuts would meet Beyond Vegan criteria.
They did not.


BUT THEN...
We found these!
AND, they're pretty good!
Did you know Purple Sweet Potatoes exist? 
Well, they do!
At least, this BAG says they do!

So, I (obviously) ate a bunch of these veggie chips around dinnertime.  I also had an ear of corn.

Overall, this was a very busy day.  A good day, but very busy. I'm running low on energy. I'm getting tired of eating the same food over and over...except for Thai Cucumbers. I still like eating those over and over. I'm getting to the point where yoga classes which would normally be pretty easy for me are pretty difficult. I remember that last time we did this, I had to give up running after two weeks because my muscles just wouldn't go anymore. The problem this time is that I simply CAN'T give up yoga.  I'm in instructor training, and I CANNOT stop practicing yoga.

I have two more thoughts to round out my day.
1~They sell Moonshine Jelly at the Belmont General Store.  I would like to try it.
2~I had three cups of Orange Juice today.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment